CHAPTER 15

Ray POV

"Hey, Becca!" My friend Alexa called me as she walked towards my locker.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Do you wanna hangout tonight?" She asked.

"Oh, um... I'm not sure if my mother would allow me." I answered.

"Come on... It's a weekend..." She whined.

"Which I want to spend with my parents..." I retorted. "Next week, for sure."

"But, I'd be bored." She pouted.

"Aw love, you have a family too, you know. They'd love it if you stop clubbing and spend time with them." I smile putting my arm around her shoulders.

"Seriously?" She looked at me with grumpy face.

"Yup," I say popping out the 'p'.

"Okay fine, I'll stay in tonight. But if I didn't enjoy it then I'm gonna burst through your house and have fun with you and your parents." She said.

"Sounds okay," I sigh. "See you tomorrow." I wave at her and start walk at the opposite direction of her.

"Excuse me, hello!" Alexa shouts and I turned to look at her. "Your house is this way. Where are you going?"

"You are forgetting that I work and the cafe that I work in is this way." I shout back at which she scowls but nonetheless waves back.

After shutting down the cafe and cleaning it, I walked to my home. Tonight, my dad had planned a movie night with some delicious food prepared by my mom. It wasn't any occasion, just a ritual that we did every month. It helped us to stay glued to each other. I loved how my family functioned. 

As I reached my street, I saw that the front of my home was crowded with people. I increased my pace and pushing past the crowd, I made my way in. I looked at the four cops inside the living room. My heart started beating faster as I couldn't find my parents anywhere.

"What happened?" I asked the cops.

"And you are?" He asked.

"Rebecca Roger, this is my parents' house." I replied.

"Hello, miss Roger. My name is Stein. We have a bad news for you." He said with a straight face.

"What... What is it?" I asked. "Are my parents ok?"

"Please take a seat," he said calmly as he led me towards the couch. "We had received a call from your neighbors an hour ago, stating that he had heard screams from this house. He also stated that he saw a weird man in a hoodie, whom he had never seen around, get out of the house. And when we arrived to check in, we found that your parents have been killed."

"What? Where are they?" Tear flooded my eyes and everything after that is blur. I remember attending my parents funeral, reading an eulogy for them. 

I also remember when the cops traced down the guy who mercilessly killed my parents and arrested him. He gave out a statement that he was a drug addict who was in the rehab where my mother worked. She had stopped him from taking drugs and that had enraged him.

I had tried everything  to move on from the incident but it was impossible. I mean who can move on from the loss of their parents! It was difficult for me but eventually I had found a distraction for myself.

Shaw!

After a year and half, I realized that I'm with a man because of whom I needed my parents more than ever. It was getting difficult for me, not because Shaw controlled me, but because my parents weren't there to get me out of that pain. They weren't there to listen to me bitch about my boyfriend, my father wasn't there to pull my wing and let me fly.