CHAPTER 42

Flashback Continues

Harry POV

When the referee blew the whistle, Owen pounced upon me, but boy did he forget that this is a boxing ring? And if I dodged him, he might land up on the ropes and bounce back? But, that's what happened and he was on the ground groaning.

Ouch! That must've hurt!

He was quite easy to take down. Like I said, he weighed a lot. Not that he was huge and fat, just that he weighed alot and all of his biceps were just for show, all made of protein shakes, drugs and not even a percent of hard work.

Soon, the match ended and he was lying on the ground crying in pain. I could see people cheering for me and as I looked around something caught my eye.

Edwin.

Smirking.

Edwin and smirking never goes well, so I got down the stage and pushed past the people to reach him but he was gone.

We could hear police sirens blaring. At that moment I knew that all of this was just to trap us. But we didn't care, we did nothing wrong. While everyone ran away, we stayed. Owen had fallen unconscious and honestly no one really cared.

When the cops arrived, we told them about everything. All the illegal things Owen did, from supplying drugs to the boxing club. And soon, Owen was under arrest. Edwin was nowhere to be found but we left that matter to the cops.

We thought that our lives would get easier from now on, but it didn't. Only if we knew it was just the start of our miserable lives.

The next day, Thea and Liam were going to visit her parents to discuss about their marriage and her parents insisted Jessica to join, so she did. Since it was a long drive, Jess begged me for my SUV, so I let them take it. On the other hand, Louis and Niall thought to pay a visit to our destroyed office to check if something important was left behind and they took Thea's car, while me and Zayn, who were to go and check out the new building for our firm, in the evening, had no other choice but to go to hospital and take Jessica's car after getting it fixed.

Zayn and I reached the hospital and the first thing we did after we saw the car was to check if everything was functioning well. Zayn, being a racer, was pretty good with the mechanics of a car. While Zayn was checking if the brakes was working alright, I was sitting beside him with my hands on the handbrake. But, we found out everything was working fine.

"Harry, if everything was working fine then..." Zayn and I wondered the same thing.

"Have no idea. Was it just to screw with their minds?" I asked.

"But, we can't take them lightly, Harry." Zayn warned.

"Yeah, you're right." I sighed. "We must check if they screwed something beneath the hood of the car."

"There's nothing to be screwed up with, Harry, except for a few wires. And if they'd have been cut then the brakes or the engine wouldn't function." He looked at me and sighed. "Alright, fine. I'll check it for your convenience."

He got off the car and opened the hood, just when a man walked up to him. I didn't have a good feeling about the guy, so I got off the car and joined Zayn.

"Look at you trying to figure out if something is wrong with the car," The man smirked.

"Who are you?"

"You really think that we're this stupid that we'll..." He pointed towards the car, referring to messing up with it.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.