CHAPTER 10

Ray POV

I looked away, unable to answer Harry's question. How was I supposed to respond? 'Yes, Harry. I did get hurt alot. I have plenty of experience nursing the wounds given to me by my loving so called husband.'

But I look at him and laugh it off. "Let's just say my parents were into medicine."

It is the truth! I cannot keep lying if I want to live my life peacefully.

"Woah, that's really cool." He says.

"Yes it is." I reply. "I loved observing my parents when they took care of their patients. They regarded them with care and affection."

I look at Harry who is tending to my wounds. His eyes are intimidating and distracting at the same time. I don't know where I drift away when I look into his eyes. I just have to admit that I love forest green eyes. I always have.

I look at how his messy curls have covered his forehead, making him look more charming that he already is. I'm sure he was a Greek god in his previous life.

Get a grip on yourself, Ray!

"So," I began, clearing my throat. "How much is the monthly rent?"

Harry looked up at me in surprise. "You are interested?"

"Ofcourse I am. I loved the place. It is perfect for me." I say. "It is exactly how I always wanted it to be."

"Um.. I'm not sure. I should ask Jen. She had said something along the lines of five hundred a month." He says as he takes the gauze piece and wraps it around my arm.

"Ohkay, when can I move in?" I ask.

"Eager to move next door to mine, huh?" He teases as I roll my eyes and smile.

"Maybe, because I might have a company to watch the vampire diaries with." I smile.

"Oh I wouldn't." He says, getting a little uncomfortable.

"Why?" I ask.

"I've seen it twice, already." He says and changes the topic. "How's next week to move in? I need to finish fixing the pathway. Maybe, Friday?" He asks.

"Perfect." I reply as I get excited about my new house.

"Jen will be very happy with your decision." Harry tells me. "I think she and my mother like you."

I smiled softly. "I like them too. They're the sweetest people I've met."

"And me?" He asks.

"You are too, but cannot beat them." I say as I see his eyes turn dark.

Although I know so much about Harry, I still feel that his eyes have thousands of secrets hidden beneath the beautiful green. What is it that he always gets nervous around me, whenever I say something out of the blue?

Harry clears his throat. "What brings you here?"

I looked away nervously. "I grew up in Cambridgeshire. But this town is where my mom grew up and I always used to visit during holidays." I say.

"Your grandmother lived here?" He asks.

"Yes, although she is no more. I just thought to try to relive my childhood memories in the town where my mother grew up. She always spoke about the peace she got in this place and I thought to give it a try too." I say.

"There you go it's done." He says as he stands up in front of me. "Just make sure you keep changing the bandage everyday or it might get infected."

"Yup, sure thank you." I smile.

"Ah, it's fine." He waves it off. "Would you like some tea?"

"Uh, yea sure." I say. "But, are you sure you can make it?"

"Hey, I run this house all by myself," he says with a small smile playing on his lips as he moves to the kitchen.

"Oh I'm sure you do." I agree. "But since your mother make so delicious food, I thought I may be visiting the guest house only to have the food."

"Oh come on," he whines. "I have a mother who is an amazing cook and she has also taught me a few recipes. So, yes don't underestimate my cooking too."

"Hey, uh, if you don't mind can I have a look upstairs?" I ask.

"Early enough to go to my bedroom, don't you think?" He teases.

"Stop it," my cheeks flush. "I just want to see the decors."

"Yes, you can go." He smiles.

Slowly, I climb the stairs and walk into the first room that my eye catches. The room was huge with a television hanging off a wall. On the other side was a huge balcony. I walked out into the balcony to see the same scenery that was visible from my home. Just that from the top it looked more serene and beautiful.

I loved being this close to nature, maybe because it brought me closer to my parents, who loved nature too. I stood there inhaling and exhaling the fresh scent of the river.

I heard the doorbell ring, snapping me out of my thoughts. I could hear Harry talking to him with a smile.

"It was amazing to have him over." He says.

"Thanks alot for taking care of him," the man thanks.

"Anytime man!" Harry says. "Take care, buddy."

Maybe it was Jen's fiance who came to pick up his dog.

I walk into the other room. It was the master bedroom. The room was clean and everything was kept neatly in its place.

I look at the ceiling to see a square shaped glass present in the middle. I looked through it to see that the sky looks really beautiful from here.

Harry must be a star gazer.

Before going out, something caught my eye and I moved towards the headrest of Harry's bed. I moved closer to it and picked it up.

It was a framed photograph of a beautiful woman, looking up to be in her early twenties. This must be his fiancee. I sighed. The woman had long blonde hair and rich blue eyes. She was very beautiful, in a model sort of way.

Suddenly, I hear Harry calling for me and I place the frame back in its place and walk out.

"So, how was it?" He asks.

"I'm impressed." I say. "So, you are a star gazer, huh?"

"Yup," he says popping out the p. "There you go," he says handing me a cup of tea.

I bring the rim of the cup closer to my lips and sip in the tea. "Mhm, not bad Mr Styles." I say.

"Thank you," Harry smiles gratefully.

"Where's Bell?" I ask, knowing that Jen's Fiance took him back.

"Oh, Marcel, Jen's fiance took him back." He answers.

I want to ask him about Jessica but I don't, because I know. I know what had happened and I know how it must feel to think back to all of that!

_____________

A/N: Hope you guys are enjoying it!!
Don't forget to vote!!