"You know Owen, she's just bored of racing against you. I mean it is boring to gain victory over the same person. So I thought it is only fair that I race against you." I speak.

"And she's gonna beat your ass," Thea says.

"Whatever," Owen grumbles.

"Alright, so I hope you know the rules." Zayn states. "Twelve laps of the track and the winner gets to kill the other. And I really hope it is Ray."

Thea walks in between our cars and I grip the steering tightly, as I feel my palms sweating.

"Why there's no AC in your car?" I ask Shaw.

"Come on, you know this is a racing car. It has to be light weight and hence no AC," he answers. "And besides, the amount of air you get while racing is better than AC."

"Ready?" Thea asks as I rev the engine while Shaw does the same. "Get set, Go!"

As soon as she gives the go signal, I accelerate the car for a bit before punching the gas line that shoots the car forward like a bullet. I feel like a daredevil, driving the car in full speed.

I mean what was the quote? "Racers are daredevils."

As we approach a turn, I don't slow down the car. This is a freaking race, why would I! I don't intend to turn the car smoothly, that's not in my nature.

"Rebecca, turn...." I hear Shaw say, but his rest of the sentence have gone into the ears of deaf.

I keep the same speed till the wall approaches and within the last few meters I slow down, apply the brakes and swiftly swerve the car.

Racing after years got me all excited. The speed is really thrilling. I look beside me to see that Owen is inches away from taking over and I let him take over.

"What are you doing? Increase the speed!" Shaw says.

"Cool down, Shaw." I smirk. "This is only the first lap."

At the approaching next corner, Owen swerves his car, but before swerving we that the brakes he applied was pretty hard.

And I guess you might have assumed what happened next... well, if it isn't obvious, he just lost his brakes. When he applied the brakes, hard, the single wire holding the cable together was cut loose.

I let him overtake just because I wanted to see that happen. And besides, it is really not a good strategy to be first in the beginning of the race.

We see Owen's car losing control as it swerves like a drunk person walking around. But soon Owen gets the grip and continues to drive without the brakes.

"Shoot the Nos," I tell Shaw.

"What? Now?" He asks.

"Yes, now. He isn't racing!" I say.

Yes, he wasn't racing. Instead, he was looking for a right moment to do something else.

Shaw punches the Nos as the car gains its speed and we overtake Owen. We continue and move ahead to finish our fifth lap when we see Owen take over and drift his car harshly to face us.

Shaw being, well himself, grabs the steering wheel and turns to the left, drifting us in a different direction. I immediately jam the brake and look to the other side to see Owen's car charging towards us at full speed.

Owen jumps out of the car as I wait for the car to come close to us.

10m

5m

3m

"What are you waiting for?" Shaw yells.

1m

I accelerate the car at full speed and swerve it to face Owen's car as it crashes the huge wall. I charge the car towards Owen and start rounding him up.

"Rebecca, stop the car." Shaw orders but my anger gets the best out of me as

I think back to the night my parents died. I wasn't there to save them! While they were suffering at the hands of this person, I was having a laugh at my friend's place! I think back to the innocent baby Harry lost and how amazing he'd be as a father. I think back to the sadness in his eyes when he thinks about Jess.

Shaw Jams the handbrakes, snapping me out of my thoughts. I lose the control and clutch Shaw's shirt tight, as the car harshly turn around and comes to a halt.

I open my eyes and remove my hand from Shaw's chest. "Why did you do that?"

"Because you zoned out, scaring the hell put of me!" He exclaims.

"I'm so sor..." I pause as I think back to what just happened.

I frown, looking at Shaw and slowly my face turns to horrified one.

"What?" He asks.

"Where is your bu..."

"Rebecca!" Shaw yells as I hear a gunshot and Shaw pushes my head down.

I open my eyes to see Shaw smiling faintly at me!

No!

****

A/N:oh my god guys! I can't believe that we've come this far!

Vote, comment and share.

Happy reading

Regards,
Riya