Chapter 55

"Okay, well let's hear it." She sat her coffee mug down and clasp her hands together.

"Okay, well.." Toby started off.

"Spencer! OMG there you are I've been looking everywhere where for you." Zenya said running up to me.

"Hi, Zenya."

"Did you tell your mom?"

"I..."

"Or more importantly who's this?" She turned towards Toby who looked beyond freaked out.

"Um..Zenya, Toby, Toby, this is Zenya."

"Nice to meet you Zenya." He reached out and shook her manicured hand.

"Oh no, pleasures mine. That's a nice grip you got there. Nice and strong." She batted her long black eyelashes at him.

"Toby, is my boyfriend. He's visiting from Pennsylvania." I ran over and grabbed ahold of his hand.

"I am?" I kicked him in the shin.

"I am, it's been a long time since I've seen her so I decided to fly up here." He said trying to hide the pain of the bruise that was probably forming.

My mom looked beyond shocked at the way this conversation was going.

"Well, I was going to meet the girls at Anna's place Spencer you want to come?"

"You know I would love to but I'd like to spend sometime with Toby." I placed one hand on his chest and he grinned still trying to hide the pain.

"Oh he's welcome to come too."
She smirked.

"Ya, still no."

"Alright, I'll text you later. Oh and make sure you tell her. You know before someone else does."

Toby and my mom looked at me puzzled. I grabbed her arm and pulled her over to the side.

"You would actually do something like that?"

"Well, Spencer. Something like that big of a secret needs to be shared. Especially one that's planned for your whole future."

I rolled my eyes at her.

"I could tell her now."

"Wait!" I yelled after her.

She walked away.

"Mrs. Hastings, I just wanted to let you know......."

She turned towards me as I gave her a pleading look not to say anything more.

"Have a nice day." And she smiled and started to walk away.

I thought I might pass out.

"You too Zeyna." My mom shouted after her.

"Oh, and Toby. It was nice meeting you. I know I said that already but it never hurts to say it twice."

"Sure, and you too." She waved and walked out. I sat down next to Toby on the couch and he rubbed his hand up and down my back.

"Well, everyone are you ready to get home?"

"Absolutely."

Spencer's house:

"So this is your new house?"

"Not exactly, I like to call it my temporary living quarters."

He laughed and sat down on my bed next to me.

"Spence."

"Hmm." I turned my head to face him.

"I over heard your conversation with Zenya." I sighed.

"I'm not going to tell anyone. But what's this big secret you don't want your mom or anybody to know?"

I stood up from the bed.

"Okay I applied to Stanford, Yale, Brown, Harvard, and UPENN."

"Okay."

"I got into Harvard and Yale. But I haven't heard back from Brown yet."

"What about Stanford and UPENN?"

"Me and you always talked about Stanford because it was so close to Harrisburg."

"Ya, but UPENN is your dream school."

"I heard back from both UPENN and Stanford."

"And?" I walked over to my dresser and pulled out both envelopes.

"Read."

I took them both and read word from word of both letters.

"Wow...um I don't know what to say."

"What do you think?"

"How are you going to tell her?"

"Well, I realized the other day. UPENN isn't my dream school. I was forced to make it my dream because everyone else did."

"What's your dream now?"

"Your my dream Toby. I'm going to go to Stanford and be with you forever."

"Are you sure?"

"Beyond sure."

He leaned in a planted a kiss on my lips which quickly got heated.

The letter from UPENN slipped from Toby's hands and fell to the floor.

To: Ms. Spencer Hastings
From: The University of Pennsylvania

Dear Ms. Hastings,
Thank you for having expressed interest in the University of Pennsylvania. We have given careful consideration of your application.

The Committee regrets to inform you that we are unable to offer you a place in our program. Thank you for being a competitive applicant; however we have had many similarly qualifications from other applicants.
Therefore, many desirable candidates have been turned away.

We thank you for your interest in out institute and wish you good luck on your future.

Sincerely,

The University of Pennsylvania Board of Admissions

'How am I going to tell my mom?'

Who do you like more Alison or Zenya?