Survival - Pt.3 | The Beginning of the End - Chapter 33

Start from the beginning

"That's true, Bogum-shi. But keep in mind the supreme alphas are at war with each other right now. If we execute this plan, they will likely blame Kim Seokjin. Not us. What we're about to achieve tonight, will stir up a storm within the alpha's society. They'll be cluelessly squabbling amongst themselves," Uncle's dry voice beeped through the radio. I scoffed in defeat, started my engine, and hastily sped my car down the streets.

"Uncle-"

"Your parents will rest in peace, Bogum-shi," Uncle reminded me through the line. My heart sank at his words. I numbly stared at the road with my fingers gripped tightly around the steering wheel. Anger erupted inside me. It took ten years to plan this attack, and tonight's the night to bring justice to those who suffered under the alpha's reign but... this isn't right.

"Permission granted. Kill her," Uncle ordered. I gripped harder onto the steering wheel, slammed onto the gas pedal, and shot down the street at full speed. I'd risk everything to destroy the alphas cult, but not Sora. She's innocent. The pain's not meant for her.

"Copy. Eliminate her," The radio beeped as I got to the second intersection from the mall. And sure enough, the first intersection of the mall was crowded with people. I briefly glanced to my left to find a red sports car racing through the sidewalks. The car abruptly halted in the middle of the road to block the truck from reaching the supreme alphas. 

"Sir- another car-"

"Kill whoever it is. If we get lucky, it'll be another alpha," Uncle ordered ruthlessly. I shakily suck in my breath and averted my eyes to the center of the intersection.

"Copy. We'll hit them in ten seconds, sir. Justice for Park Jihyun," The radio beeped. Without hesitation, I slammed hard onto the gas pedal and shot down the main street. Towards the intersection.

10... 9... 8... 7.... I passed the mall... and was now only a few hundred feet away from the crossroad. Park Jihyun's legacy will stand, and I will see the alphas downfall with my own eyes. But not tonight. 6... 5... 4... I was now perpendicular to the truck and the red car blocking the road. The truck's headlight beamed brightly, so I turned my head... to find Sora's horrified face in the car... time slowed down as I stared at her. Her face was pale... and her eyes were tightly shut in fear as the truck arrived at the center of the intersection.

CRASH.

I slammed hard into the side of the truck. The force of the impact sent me jerking forward violently and everything spun in madness. The airbag exploded into my face, causing me to slam hard into my seat. The seat belt yanked my rib with all its might, causing a sharp pain to spread through my upper chest and head. The window shattered into pieces, so I shielded my face in fright. The car finally stopped moving. I looked up to find my car's hood completely smashed, and smoke was sizzling from it. My ears ringed loudly as I quickly unbuckled my seatbelt, and hastily thrust open the door. I stumbled out of the car in difficulty as a sharp pain stabbed my chest. I have to get out of here. I quickly limped away in pain just as the Black Phoenix's truck bursts into flame.

----------------------------

Present

Sora's POV

I stood fixedly staring at the dead body with a blank mind. She... died a violent death. Did Jimin do it himself? J-Jimin? He's capable of doing such things...? The aura I sensed at his apartment... it was true...? I thought I knew him... but I really didn't.

"I got the contract back. She wanted to submit my contract to Seokjin and Namjoon- I -I couldn't let it happen," Jimin stuttered as he walked up the stairs with tears in his eyes.