Chapter Nineteen

"What are you writing" a sad smile graced his lips

"The things that should not be forgotten"

She was a Queen who fought for those the world had abandoned

She saved me

No matter what she becomes, she will never be a monster

She was the only queen in history who loved her people

Who are you

"Me? I am the only man in history who believes that evil is built not born, monsters are made and lies only habit believable details not grain of truth"

His name is whispered into the dark

Story Teller

Truth bringer

This boy laid in a field of blood, a knight stood before him. No not a knight. He was an oracle so he knew what blood flowed through those veins.

She looked at him.

She looked at him. No one else had before, he grew in these woods by himself, never to be seen. Yet it did not matter that those eyes held madness clutched tight, he knew that her likeness would not be born again, in this world and all others.

The last Thalassa born to accomplish what the others could not, a curse

Soldiers scattered far and wide, yet she stood still, unmoving, still protecting him as she was sliced as a soldier cleaved her arm and another tore her garments.

She was young and built of steel, an iron will. She was just a child. Yet she stood before him and with eyes of the brightest gold she demanded one thing of him.

Run

With a coward's heart he ran as fast as he could leaving her behind

He left her on that battle field all alone. He would never do it again, he will find her, the maiden with silver hair and golden eyes.

Asteria... Ryla stood before her people, the ones she had never wanted to face.

Old she was too old, she should have done this before.

"I plan to reclaim my kingdom" screams of joy echoed her, some outraged others were undiluted joy, the kind of joy that came from a heart full of pain.

The inside of her mind was futile to make sense of. No poetic song could make the trauma make sense.

She turned from her people and departed, she was so close to lashing out. No amount of victory could steal her trauma. The dreams would always remain, the anger would always haunt her, but these people, this time, this purpose could help her cope. If only to win back this kingdom at the price of her life.

Because she would give her entire soul to protect Ara, to protect the precious souls that have done nothing wrong, the creatures who graced the surface of what she went through. Right now not even her mate could calm her, the rage she cannot forsake follows her every step victory takes, her sorrow clings tight.

With a roar she slams herself into a tree with blood pouring down her face she rips that rage to shreds, she destroys herself until that sorrow ceases its song and rage seeps back into the cracks of her broken heart. She slams a fist into her bloodied tree one more time before straightening her shoulders and rejoins her mate.

Mate

That's what he is, he is her mate, the boy who stayed, the man who fought. The only creature her iron heart had loved. Since that fateful day.