Chapter Sixteen

Fire

Fire

Fire

It burned all around her and a scream echoed in her head, it was crying out to her as if she were its source, in the splendor of that voice she honed in and connected it to her heart. She was seeing through the eyes of someone she did not know but what she did know was that the eyes she was seeing through was Elven, a gift, it truly was a gift to find her people. Flashing back to reality she witnesses something she did not expect. Blade was staring at Nova, and his lips parted with awe on his face

"A fitting joke for the fates to play." a laugh a sad laugh rips from Nova's throat.

Turning on her heel Nova left the clearing with Blade rushing after her.

Leaning against Ara she fell fast asleep and for the first time in ten years Asteria Odessa Odessian heir and Elven Queen did not dream of danger and of fire and of pain but instead sweet darkness took her. Ara ran his hands down the side of her face and as gently as a male like him could he lifted her into his arms treasuring the feel of her body against his and made his way towards his own room. He could not stand to shut her in that room in the dark he refused to shut away his only hope. So Ara laid her upon his own bed and pulled a chair next to it.

"I am not worthy of you" he smiled with sorrow dimming his eyes. Ara began his vigil guarding the Queen who held his heart with binded souls.

Ara's dreams were of a similar sort, for the first time in his life he did not dream of pain and shadows but instead of his Queens heart and the sweet darkness of her wings that unlocked his caged soul. He did not sleep until he heard Nova take her place outside his tent.

Nova sat with Blade a short distance away, and she was thankful he did not try to speak about what had happened he had even kept his distance as she trained working off the strain of her stress. It was becoming apparent that he did not speak much, he would simply offer her a nod. She chose to speak first.

"I have not had a pleasant time with those who are close to me"

"Nor have I, My father was slain by my own hand, after he killed my mother" he was met with silence, a sob was caught in her throat, she had met one who shared her bond of pain and a male who did not push her. She felt that bond pulse, and with a gasp she whispered a name she had not uttered since she was a small girl.

"Krishen" a dry laugh left his mouth he had not heard that name since blood covered his hands.

"I no longer go by that name, Hades thought it a joke to name his only son for the darkness that surrounded him"

"We met when you were younger, your father wanted to meet the child who laid claim to his throne through power alone" a laugh echoed from his lips and the clearing was filled with dry laughter, mad laughter, soon they turned to sobs for what they both have lost and what they have gained.

"I am broken and I have torn apart kingdoms I am not a good man, and I will understand if you wish to reject our bond" a gasp escaped her lips. A mate was everything to the Akalita's some men even forced their mates.

He was giving her a choice

She would never be shackled again

"I will never be chained again, never I was trapped in the Itzal prison for, a very long time, I understand if you do not want me because you believe I will shackle you" a deep silence seeps into her being and a word whispers into her heart echoing through her soul

Mine

He is mine

A male that will not shackle me

A male that will not chain me

No ............an answer to his statement

Standing up she stalks towards him standing over this towering male as he sits she grabs his jacket with all the strength her immortality gives her and pulls him to her face and with a growl vibrating through her chest she sings to his darkness

"Mine, you are mine" an answer, and in her words a light begins to burn, they would never be shackled again. A mate was not a shackle, it was a gift that offered freedom.

Raising to his full height towering over this warrior of a woman, Blade cracked a smile.

"Allow me to introduce myself mate, I am Krishen but was nicknamed Blade, I have slayed my family and lay no claim to the bloodline of Hades, my life debt is almost paid to Amaris and you are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me"

Her silver hair glows as she releases the damper on her power swirling down her skin is witch tattoos, something ethereal warps her face. Her witch body returns to her. A slight arch curves her ears, her eyes catch his gaze, blue, light blue a shade no one but a boy his soul bonded to possesses. A light blue that is so very strange.

"My name is Nova Sari, My family betrayed me when I was young, the very first Thalassa was from my line, I have established this damned civilization and the Forest of the Unknown. I am a pureblooded Witch with a son"

"My soul has already bonded to the boy, he claims him as his own"

"He does not yet know who I am"

Lucien crouches behind Ryla's tent with wide eyes

No

It couldn't be

He was not heir to Odessa....but heir to the damned forest

It explained so much, the fae blood, the magic. The broad structure of his soldiers. Happiness blinded him, he had a mother who cared for him and now a father who bonded to him. Tears slid down his face and with a straightened back he walked out from behind the cave and met unearthly eyes.

Sprinting he pulled his mother into his arms

"Momma" a word so strange on his tongue and tears echoed his own

"I....am so sorry" her grasp on him tightens and they stay there

She had named him Theon

Because he was a gift, the greatest gift she had ever received. And here he was, standing before her, not angry at not protecting him. Not raging at the truth that should tear him apart. A prince no more but an heir all the same.

A bird swift and powerful flies in someone Nova recognizes. Thea's mate, and Akalita shifter, Citali.

He shifts stretching his limbs, a letter gripped in one of his hands. A growl leaves Nova's lips.

"Citali you know better than to use your Unknown blood to bypass the gate." He was born of this forest, literally he was crafted by the forest itself. The spirit of the forest fell in love with a human woman, Nova's sister, Maren Sari. It was a funny thing, Maren did not receive any of the Witch blood that flowed in Nova's veins. She was beautifully mortal. Citali possessed Marens white hair that flowed to his mid back fixed in the braids of the tribal people. His eyes were that of the forest, one a clear canopy green and the other a bright blue close to Nova's but not there the Witch blood was dormant in his veins.Vidaar always welcomes him home, at the very center of the forest was where his soul lingers right next to Maren's two lovers who souls refuse to part.

"Aunt it's an emergency, Soldiers stand at our gate Thea is guarding our land, Thea gave me this letter to deliver to Ryla. Please forgive my tresspasses."

"Lee you are as much a child of this forest as I am, I would rather you just not appear without warning" her anger was feigned, of course she always welcomed him home. Yet he uses that name, Ryla, it seems even he does not know who she is.

Stalking out of Ara's tent Ryla greets Citali under the morning sun with a bone crushing hug. With tears running down his cheeks Citali, Lord of the Elven Rebellion hugs his battle born sister welcoming her return.

"You did it didn't you?"

"Yes Lee, I broke the fates barter" falling to his knees Lee sobs, years, he has known her for years and has never seen a smile grace her cheeks and there it was wicked and raging and hope. That's what it was,she represented hope. It was time to rise.