Chapter Four

"What have you done Ryla your kingdom will be torn apart" she looked him in the eye and spits on him the ultimate sign of disrespect. He roars and beats her unmercifully her blood spills on the floor yet she keeps the same small smile on her face. Hope is the only thing she has and she hopes Lucian listened to her.
Suddenly a loud bang is heard and the hallways are stormed slowly she drifts away blood pouring from her stomach. Odessa's army could never beat the masses of Krota's army.
"Asteria Odessa true heir to this throne, arise Please! " Lucian calls out collapsing on Ryla's limp body
"Luci what did you just say, say that name again"
Slowly with tear filled eyes Lucian looks up at his father and brushes away her long bright hair from the back of her neck and reveals her claim to the throne her head falling limp in his arms and slowly she blinks opening her eyes slowly and looks at the king through golden eyes and when it is too late he finally recognizes her.

"She might not make it Ed be prepared you will meet her and she will stumble into your life a broken child full of strength and you will not know it is her until it is too late to change her fate"
Edward falls to the ground and stares at the face of his daughter, his true heir. The last memory he has of Amaris, his true love.
Wind floods the room, ripping it apart as a loud wail is heard a sorrowful scream of despair. Asteria's eyes open barely as she utters only a few words, Edward's eyes open and he falls to his knees."What have I done," he cries, it finally sinks in after twenty years, this is his child and he had doomed her, it was his fault and this cry it is Amaris the women he loved. He saw his child as a threat not a person,he had been ordering her around fearing her, he was just like the rest, and she had no emotion towards him, and oh gods he had made her kneel to the women he replaced her mother with. Terra was a replacement, he did love her but not like the fiery passion he had held Amaris with, they may not have been mates but they were close, Terra was no Queen a Queen has a fire and the spirit of the roaring ocean, she is alike the wolves who thirst for power, she is like the roaring seas who cry out for justice. A Queen is so much more than a title and unlike a king a Queen must be crafted through pain and triumph, yes Asteria was a Queen and she was heiress to the throne of Odessa, Edward had no idea just how important these gold eyes are. She was born to rule and had been dismissed as a powerless child, in reality she had probably had so high of a magic level that the stone could not pick up on it. She is the most powerful royal in history and he had chosen to hide her magic from her. Tears leaked down his face streaming as sobs racked his chest, maybe this selfish king was beginning to learn what love entailed.
"Mother I understand" her wings, if the golden eyes were not enough to prove her claim to the elven bloodline of Amaris daughter of Clara Elven Queen and Fae heritage of Star the Elven King with Fae blood the wings would leave no doubt not even fate could deny that. They materialize wrapping around her body and her palm starts to leak red flames. Edward and Lucian stand in awe as she cauterizes her own wound. Soft grunts slip past her locked jaw and she rips the chains that bound her. Her golden eyes gaze at the two and Alastor rises up ready to swing at the two rulers and Ryla as fast as lightning flashes forward and knocks him off his feet.
He gazes up at her and watches as her golden eyes glow, eyes that tear apart his heart
"As Asteria Eliza and by the blood that runs in my veins I command Edward Odessa and Lucien Odessa to leave this kingdom and never return until I call for them" Her spell binds them and they are sent to a place and to a person that owes her a life debt. Their eyes grow wide and before Lucien can cry out their eyes close and they pass out and suddenly are gone from sight. Edward had completely missed his chance, his heir gone his daughter's fate undetermined. Every choice has a consequence.
Ryla rushes out seeking the palace, she hears soldier feet chasing her she cannot fail.
Her heart beats loud her breath becomes heavy her legs grow weary.
Her chest rumbles in pain she becomes so very tired but everything depends on her.
She slows her body failing her she doesn't know how much longer she can run.
She is knocked from behind as soon as she enters the palace gate chest heaving she slowly stands turning around only to come face to face with 'him'
"Kneel before me Ryla of Cetrica Second in command of the knights of Odessa"
"Never"
The scene before her breaks her heart a little more, the once beautiful castle walls grow wearily betrayed with cracks, the once bright landscape glistens with blood. Her torn armor splattered with her very own blood is ripped to shreds and drips as she takes in a shaky breath and stumbles. Ryla slowly falls forward, her body feeling oh so very weak. Her energy is gone. All those months of training working her way through the highest ranks of the knights thrown away. He lunges forward, his sword plunging deep into her stomach reopening what she had sealed; she no longer can dodge she stumbles backwards. Her body is at it's limit, Alastor roughly tears his jagged sword from her stomach, blood spilling out. Collapsing to the ground breathing begins to become rough and hard to manage.