Chapter Eight

"Eraleki? I will never be named one this tribe is my home but it is a place that does not want me"

"Silly girl of course it does why else would you still be here, when you are named a Eraleki come here" she laughs but something in her eyes shakes Ryla to her very core.

Ryla busts through the door of their hiding place and right in the middle lies a box something so precious something meant for her.

"I came to look for you girly" a voice comes from inside the box a magical force triggered by her entrance an image appears of a woman she barely recognizes a broad frame with deeply tanned skin. Her green eyes dulled by life stare at Ryla as she pulls her long brown braid to the side, the last time Ryla had seen her, brown hair only fell to her shoulders as her thin farmers gear hung loose about her. Now tight fighting leathers cling to her body a sight Ryla never wanted to behold.

"I had to leave please understand me as no one else would have, secretly I have joined the Sari and now you are an Eraleki and cannot search for me. I have always known that you would come back because our destinies will always intertwine as all those who come unto this tribe will. Know this I am here to avenge the death of my family and nothing more this message I am sending to you is risky and I may never come back. Rakira as you probably have already met was named after you and grew up with stories of your majesty the same Queenly majesty you ignore and refuse to accept" the image shifts she slowly kneels, bowing,"I pledge eternal allegiance to Asteria Eliza known also as Ryla of the Unknown Tribe, Odessian Heir and Last living Elven Queen, my Rakiri my Queen go and shake the very foundations of the world. My pledge might not mean much because I may be dead by now surely my allegiance will be tested and I will fail but not without taking out Serthia's head, live a happy life, and Long Live The Queen" her eyes previously dull shines as her final vow is made. Tears flowing down Ryla's face strain the spell cast around her heart cracking. She is feeling too much this heartbreak and these words tear at the bonds and the spell is holding together only by a thread.

Long Live The Queen

Ryla is caught by a trance, What Queen?

Long Live The Queen

Tears run down her face and a Queen's calm settles over her features

Long Live The Queen

A truth she never wanted to recognize

Long Live The Queen

A call to Majesty she no longer can deny

"Girly I will never pledge allegiance to royalty I am free and forever will be" a simpler time where they hated kings despised Queens and no simple orphan would claim a right to a throne.

"I pledge eternal allegiance to Ryla Eliza.."

Slowly standing Ryla stalks out of her place and standing in front of her is a man taller than her tattoos swirling down his arms and his eyes as green as the forest he protects, she knows exactly who this is.

"The Zerico, Jara" suddenly they flow out hundreds and kneel

"The Warriors of Old" she whispers her voice but a breeze

A Queen Sold meets the Warriors of Old

"We have chosen you Ryla of the Unknown tribe Ikari our guide has led us to you, we know of a prophecy of a Thalassa and we believe you will lead us to him" a sigh resounds through her chest

"Truly as Warriors of Old we would have thought even you would recognize a woman's power" Thera's voice resounds throughout the clearing and suddenly as quiet as the night Thera whispers

"Show them Queen, shake the very foundation of their beliefs"

Flowing through her chest she can feel the iron cage locking her power away and claims that golden inheritance the stars have gifted her with and golden light floods the clearing outside of her most sacred place, the first place that her magic will touch, golden eyes stare at these warriors and her skin once pale now glows golden as magic encircles her, the Thalassian heritage shining through every part of her. Warriors everywhere drop to one knee

"You wanted a Thalassa well here I am but hope is the heartbeat of a broken soul I am what you are looking for but I am not who you are looking for. Magic is not something I can control you need a mighty warrior to serve your cause"

"You of all people should know that we stem from the beliefs of the Unknown we fight for freedom and we value weakness above all else, you are exactly who we were looking for the stars have ordained that we serve you, the Thalassa will always have our loyalty and if called to war we will always go, while men are only allowed to fight in our tribe if you demand it otherwise we will heed the Thalassa's command but some will fight you, Majesty" a question she needed to answer, a call of queendom a call she felt in the very breath of her bones, a call igniting the flame in her blood, a call that joined the sweet darkness in her soul.

"I am called Ryla by the tribe, but am also known as Asteria Eliza, Nova's student and Heir to Odessa's throne the last living Elven Queen. I am the Thalassa and my past is one of pain and the Elven and faerie blood that flows through my veins cries out for justice and Odessa's redemption and the rising up of my people" he did not ask which one

Ikari rallied these people, Ikari defies his own fate, named at birth as the God of Anger but compassion is his true gift. He rebelled against what he had been ordained.

"Ikari, told us, he told us that he had met a Thalassa not of peace but of war and have deemed his notion as true"

"Where is he?" her eyes blazing she needs to talk with him immediately

"He has requested us not to tell you My Queen but if it is your command I will do so"

"Understood I will call of you in my time of need, Jaraki, how can I contact you" A sly grin spreads across his sturdy jaw as he kneels,

"I offer my blood to Asteria Eliza Queen of the Elves, till death unravels us, my promise shall never fail and I swear eternal allegiance as Jara, Karaki of the Unknown" Eyes wide Ryla stumbles backwards, falling to her knees, she never wanted this, but this life was never about what she wanted. A magic shines bright in her soul and with sorrowful tears in her eyes she grasps it and Thera shoves her

"Yes" fast as lightning her blade flashes cutting her wrist, blood trickles forward and by the command of the magic of old she lets it drop in this sacred place. Jaraki takes her wrist and drinks the blood she has offered

One, for the freedom she pursues

Two, for the crown one day she will wear

Three, for the ones who cannot protect themselves

and a second line appears covering her navel swirling to encircle her heart stretching out and finding her wings. But this time it's crimson

"Call for me Queen I will hear it across our bond that ties out hearts together" and his form disappears leaving behind his warriors. Faces hardened by life look at her, an anger as bright as any fire stares back. She turns her back to them her limbs trembling but her back straight and leaves them behind wings flaring from her back send a shudder through the men surrounding her.

Rising from the ashes that surround her The Queen of the Elves began her hunt a crown did not sit upon her head but the crown was not her claim to the throne the true claim shone in her eyes and settled between her shoulder blades a delightful weight to combat the blood that stained her soul, black wings spread from her back the only sign of Elven Royalty. Her eyes only slits could see more than she would have ever dreamed and her sorrow as bright as the morning dawn. This life was hers this fate was borrowed but she would have it no other way her majesty calls out for a justice long overdue.