Chapter Eighteen

Screams resound cries of joy, and yet blood still warms the pathways, death still surrounds them.

She had failed them, their deaths were her fault. She lets her magic free, releasing the strain of build up, so fast her magic built up so fast, merely moments ago she was empty magic spent to kill those who threatened this precious city.Golden bliss filled her veins and she expelled it, placing her hands on the crimson covered earth she healed this city.

Thea began to sob, she crawled towards Asteria. A Queens justice is what this was, it seemed as if it pained her to do this yet her face was cold and unforgiving.

"Thea, Never risk your life like this again, did you seriously think I would keep Citali with me so you can sacrifice yourself? " she could read the unspoken words in her eyes

Why would you risk the life of your child?

"I pledge eternal allegiance to Asteria Eliza" a sad smile crosses her face.

"Do you pledge to serve Elysian for all your days? Do you promise to uphold the truths of Elysian beliefs, pledge to protect your people or else your life be forfeit by my blade?"

"Yes, with all that I am and will ever be, yes"

"Then drink Lady of Lellia"

One: For her betrayal

Two: For the Kingdom they will reclaim

Three: For the Queen who saved her

Four: For the mate who saved her in all the ways that mattered

Five: For the child that lay within her womb

Another line decorated her golden tinted wings and a genuine smile decorated her cheeks.

"Release him" an order, and Citali rushes for Thea, pulling her into his arms. She sobs, her tears cracking the Queens chest.

"I am with child" Citali freezes, fear clouding his vision. Quick as the wind he crushes her to him and cries spinning Thea around he cries tears of joy. His heart has no room for the anger that threatens his joy. His Queen did enough, Thea owes her Queen more life debts than she could even count.

Ara walks forward unsteady upon his feet, he takes his Queen within his arms and while the city around him begins to heal he holds Ryla until she once again can face the world.

And the one person that she never wanted to bow before her dropped to his knee,

" I will die for you any day Ryla, but for us to win this war, it must be as Asteria Eliza. So, Asteria Eliza Elven Heir I swear all allegiance to you and I will join you wherever ever your soul goes in this life, in this world and all others, may the light that be with us falter at our joy"

She drops to her knees in front of her mate. Her equal.

"Ara, love, I never wish to hear those words leave your mouth again, I want you to live Ara, I want you to fall in love with life I want you to live even if your soul rages against it, Ara I want you to live to meet our children, to claim our kingdom, to a time where there is no more war." Tears run down their faces and with a tear soaked face Ara simply whispers back

"To hell with Fate" and she knew what he meant without the silent words in his eyes speaking to her.

He had claimed her as no other had, and on this blood soaked field with this male she stands

And she accepted it, she reached within her chest and accept her Eleven bind to the throne

Blade silently handed Asteria her amulet of Stars, the one that gave physical proof of her heritage

And she ignited

She began to change, her form began to shift her wings stretched wide, wider than they had been. And gold curved the edges and stretched across her skin. Her blood promises stained her skin red joining her Elven heritage, as they were always meant to do.

Flaring bright the Elven crest marked her soul

It raged, and struck the very souls of her people and claimed them. She could feel it, the acceptance, it sang sweet melodies to the very depth of her soul.

Citali dropped to his knees and slowly this entire city did the same. Anyone who possessed even the smallest amount of Elven Blood would know exactly who she was because her blood would awaken them.

So a crown of magic sat upon her head,and this Queen bowed before the people she had left behind and wept. And finally, she sang her oath, the Elven prayers she would have recited before her people, if she had been given the destiny she was supposed to have.

Terin whipped west, he felt it deep within his soul. She was back, Asteria Eliza was back and he knew he didn't know how but that girl, he thought she was a crownless Queen and truly it was ironic.

For Terin had sworn allegiance to Asteria Eliza Odessa the true Queen of Elysian, the Thalassa, the Odessian heir even before he knew who she was.

Terian was Elven, but only a fraction. And it was enough, enough of a claim to a Duke of Elysian as his ancestors had once been.

So he roared to the heavens

The birds scattered.