Chapter Seventeen

"It is time Citali" and finally he notices her wings, he notices those preciously curved ears, those golden eyes and he stumbles back that face was one he recognized but everything else was not.

"What" his voice comes out high pitched A smile once again graces her lips

"Allow me to introduce myself" bowing deep at the waist wings flaring behind her, "My name is Asteria Eliza, Elven Queen and Odessian Heir also known as former heir of the Damned Forest and Ryla of the Tribe of the Unknown" A wink at Lucien and tears flow down the shifters face disbelief shatters his thought yet those wings can leave no doubt.

"My Queen" this Akalita bows low and deep his friend, his mates savior, the same warrior that fought by his side in secrecy for the Elves right to their kingdom. The woman who his mate owes a life debt. His Queen.

"Rise Citali, I am so sorry for keeping this secret and I will not have a friend and member of my court bow before me" His eyes snap to her meeting eyes that possess a paradox kind eyes filled with intent. Ruthless eyes that are somehow kind at the same time. A Queen that means to fight, a Queen that has been fighting for her people for years.

"Court!?" His voice breaks, His Queen, His friend has been among them for some time. Her brilliance always surprised him. The way she rewrote the Elven Treaty as she fought among Odessa's people. The way she freed the Elven Slaves that were kept in twenty different mines. without being found, how she leaked Odessian plans. And how she feigned hatred for her heritage so they would never find out, so even Ikari would not know. Her people had always meant so much to her. And when she found out it was Edward who destroyed her kingdom, something not even her mother knows, she vowed to free them, she vowed to reclaim that throne and destroy Edward.

Yet it was not enough she felt she had not given enough to the people she had abandoned.

"Yes Citali, you will join my court, if you so wish it" He stumbled backwards his gaze snaps to Nova and she nods as if to say yes, she knew who she was, and this choice was his. At his shoulder Vidaar and Maren stand.

Lee this is the moment you have wished for, this is the Queen you have prayed would return

"Mum" he whispers

Son of mine you defied all fate upon your birth and this Queen demands of you the spirit of everything you stand for, everything I stand for. She will lead you to the future, this is your decision but think of what she has done, think of her majesty

"Dad" his whisper cracking Asteria's chest

His spine stiffens and he rises taking all of one step towards his sister, placing a hand over his heart he bows deeply at the waist

"I Citali vow to serve in Asteria Eliza's court until the end of my days, I swear all Allegiance to Elysian the Elven Kingdom"

"Do you promise to protect, to defend and to act only in defense of the beliefs we hold dear in honor of Elysian"

"I do, I swear it"

"Then Drink Elven Lord Citali" as fast as a Witch silver flashes and her blood flows, taking her hand he drinks

For the people who wait

For the life he will obtain

For the Queen who shall be his redemption

For the future she promises

And so the Third member of her court is found.

"Give me the letter"

Thea has plenty to tell her

Lellia has been attacked, she alone is holding the gate, reinforcements might not be here in time. And rage seeps into her heart at the information she sees