Prologue

A small girl of only sixteen stands at the door of a small house with a broken doorbell.
Bruises riddle her young adolescent face her legs start to slightly shake her fear is evident as she places her small trembling hand on the door knob. Slowly she takes in a shaky breath and a cold emotionless mask takes over.
"Alexandria get in here now before I kill you once and for all" yells a tall overbearing women from the kitchen her words slither through Ryla's mind. She knows the promise in her words is true and will be carried out if she does not act quickly. The infuriating woman demands she respond to Alexandria because that is the name they have chosen for her and the name her birth mother gave her should not be given to a wench like herself.
'Alexandria' enters the kitchen where the she devil is and swiftly she is struck in the face with a small pan that Portia was cooking with. Falling to the floor her breaths become ragged as blood leaks from her mouth.
"Do you know what time it is?" She just looks blankly at her she had been taught better than to reply to her the beating that is coming will only be worse if she does. With a thud she hears 'him' enter the house quickly Portia calls him "Das she was 5 minutes past curfew" he proceeds to barge into the kitchen and slowly what happened next fades from her mind as he beats her mercilessly.
In the morning 'Alexandria' slowly rises her joints cracking as pain filters through her body. She looks down to see her blood littering the floor beneath her. She is still in the kitchen after yesterday's beating they just left her there. Her mind is sent into overdrive whatever this world can offer her is better than the life she is currently living. Her only choice is clear at this point there isn't another option. This suppressed part of herself screams at the mention of leaving, the pain would destroy her and she is afraid.

Fear threatens to take hold of her it is almost too much to bear. Maybe the gods have taken mercy on this girl because her back straightens, tears over run her face and she rises, with shaking limbs and a firm back she takes one step after another until her hand is upon that ragged doorknob and as if an old jagged part of herself is finally set free she turns that knob takes her final step as Alexandria the Orphan and rises. This act will be a mercy one that she can afford and one she will cherish the rest of her life.
She limps her entire body bound to this world by mortal pain. On the third day of the week the knights of Odessa roam the streets of the small City of Cetrica looking for those who wish to join their ranks. She looks back to the rugged house she hates and makes a decision that was not hard to make.
"I wish to submit a challenge to a member of the Knights of Odessa to test my abilities to join their ranks"
An old man stands behind the counter analyzing her many have tried many have failed two women have made it into the ranks thus far Alana of Trail and Soteria of Arcadia
"James come here" the man calls. A sturdy knight appears an aged man probably in his thirties
"This young girl wishes to submit a challenge"
This man looks at her and behind her he sees two saints Amara and Soteria he shakes his head and passes it off as a fluke
"We turn no one away push it through"
"What is your name girl?" Without even a heart beat of hesitation she replies
"Ryla, I was adopted at a young age so I have no surname"
"Ryla of Cetrica"
"Your challenge will be against Alexander of Catra, King Edward Odessa will be the witness go to the palace Court yard with this grant of entrance and you will be called for soon"

She quickly begins her long looming trek to the castle this time gives her plenty of time to solidify her resolve, a knight's resolve comes easy to her. She recklessly comes to the conclusion that this is a sign from the gods. She hears a loud booming laughter of a man and she looks to the right to see a family of four going for a stroll. Jealousy floods her mind; she longs for that but fate, a force she has given up on, supposedly has different plans for her. Hate attempts to slither it's way into her heart,her mind being corrupted, but she takes a deep breath and grabs the vile emotion by it's thin useless neck and snaps it. Emotion does not come easy to her but hate? Hate was a way of life the very same thing that made her thrive to survive against the deepest pains that she could no longer feel, no longer would she put away the hate and replace it with mercy, mercy had betrayed her for too long, a heart of gold melts into darkness.She arrives at the castle gate after hours of travel her feet ache but that is nothing compared to the horrors of her past life "Who are you, state your business" she hands the guard the grant of entrance. She takes a deep breath before replying this is truly her new life " I am Ryla of Cetrica and I am here for the knighthood test"The guard looks at her and slowly he opens the gate and she wonders in, after some time she reaches the courtyard and now all she can do is wait.Ryla sits down and meditates, clearing her mind leaves no room for distractions. Her body screams at her, sharply she inhales, her fate is unknown she doesn't know if she can handle the challenge that is soon to come.