We Won

TW:

Davey POV
I nervously bit my fingernails.

"Is it taking to long? What if Pulitzer tried to convince him again. Or the Delancy's got to him! What if he really didn't care about us, and this was all a big trick. What if he was only our friend out of pity or a dare?" Crutchie fretted, looking around wildly. Jack had told me that Crutchie had minor separation anxiety, but I hadn't seen it in action before now.

The courtyard was filled with talking, many people just chatting with each other while they waited. Our group was left alone, and we were talking amongst ourselves. Romeo, Specs, Albert, Finch, and Race were all playing some sort of card game. Katherine and Sarah were talking about some weird things. And finally, Crutchie was freaking out and Spot and Elmer were trying to calm him down. I was having worries of my own, but not as bad.

I did take this time to think about something that had been on my mind for a while. Jack. More specifically telling him that I liked him. I know it would probably end up bad and he wouldn't like me back, but I also feel like he would make sure we weren't awkward around each other. I guess after this it would be a good time to do it. You know, it would actually be kinda romantic. Right after we won or lost the strike and suddenly a love confession. I thought.

I looked over at the doors, then noticed them open a little. Everyone suddenly went silent, as Jack and Pulitzer stepped out. We all held our breaths expectantly.

"We won!" Jack shouted, and the entire crowd erupted into cheers. Everyone was so happy, even people who weren't in clubs. I checked the time, and we would have just ended second period by now. Took long enough, I thought with a chuckled. It finally sunk in though. We won. No more unfair rules AND we stood our ground.

"Alright! It is lunch now! The third period bell will ring at the same time as always so be ready!" Medda yelled out over the crowd, which elicited a few boos and groans. Jack started to make his way back to our group.

"Nice job Jack," Spot said.

"Yeah," Race agreed.

"You convinced him, didn't know that was possible," Finch joked which made Albert laugh.

"Yeah, he finally came to his senses." Jack laughed. Everyone was so happy now. I pulled Jack aside a little bit.

"Can we talk after school?" I asked. He looked slightly worried, but nodded. The look was wiped off his face when Romeo grabbed him and pulled him back towards the gang. Now you just have to build up the courage to actually tell him. I thought glumly.

Jack POV
Romeo pulled me back into the group.

"What did he want? A date?" Race asked and everyone laughed. I glared.

"No, it was just... something." I said.

"Sureeeee," Romeo said with a wink. I shoved his shoulder roughly. We then ate lunch and the bell rang. It felt weird going to class, even though we had only skipped two classes.

It also felt sad, like we were ending a chapter in life. We would probably never be able to get the school together like that again, but we had done it at least once. Our group would stick together, and everything would go back to normal... hopefully.

Crutchie POV
I smiled at Elmer as we walked through the halls.

"It's finally over, and auditions are in a few days." Elmer said. His face suddenly changed. "Oh no. Auditions are in a few days. I need to practice!" He said. I laughed a little.

"You're amazing at singing, I'd be surprised if they didn't have you." I assured him. He nodded and we walked into class.

~~~Time of the Skips~~~

After walking out of fourth period, I made my way to a picinic table where most of the gang was. The day had felt weird, and it felt like we had nothing to do anymore. We used to plan and now we just... talked. I smiled as I sat down. This was coming to a nice end, and although I knew we would have troubles later, it felt very calm. It was a good end to a good chapter in our lives.

A/N: i know not everyone with separation anxiety is like that but i am basing it off of what i have experienced. Also yes, im ending this BUT i might make a second book (i probably will)