Explanation (Pt.2)

TW:

Jack POV
"It started a few days ago." I started. "I was called to Pulitzer's office, you can ask Finch and Specs they were in my class when it happened. When I went in, he started talking about a stupid deal. He told me to talk against the strike at the rally. At first, I immediately said no. Then he had this stupid sneer on his face. He told me if I didn't then... then...." I took a small breath. "Then he would expel all of you. I knew that couldn't happen. Medda couldn't figure out what to do with Race and I, Davey your family wouldn't be doing to hot, Romeo and Spot would both be in a tough position, it just wouldn't work. I couldn't do it. I couldn't let you all get expelled. He gave me a day to think about it, and I did. In the end, I agreed. I said I would speak against the strike to save you all. And then the days leading up to the rally I felt so horrible. One of the only things I could think about is how I was going to betray you all. But I did it. And... you know what happened after the rally." I finished. Crutchie and Davey both just looked at me, occasionally looking back at each other. Crutchie was the first one to speak after that.

"Jack, you didn't have to take it. We would have survived and helped each other," I chuckled a little at his statement.

"I knew you would say that Crutch, but we both know it wouldn't work out. The only other high schools near here are private and very expensive." Crutchie sighed and nodded in agreement. The next three words out of his mouth, were three I was majorly surprised at.

"I forgive you." Crutchie said while looking up at me.

"I do too," Davey added. "You had a valid reason. And now I know you didn't just do it for yourself." I smiled, the frowned again.

"How do we tell the gang?" I asked.

"Simple, text." Crutchie said with a shrugged and nodded for me to pull out my phone. I did shakily and opened the group chat. I typed up an entire essay it felt like, re-explaining all that had happened. I looked up at them, and they both nodded. I clicked send. Now we wait. I felt my phone chime and saw Davey and Crutchie do so as well. I hurriedly checked my phone.

LesbianOfDoom: I knew you couldn't have done it for yourself

LittleBrother2: same, and im glad you didnt

KingOfBrooklyn: im still mad but also glad you have a valid reason

BetsAndRaces: you are my brother i cant not forgive you

Finch: im glad we have the old kelly back

WarbyParker: I am as well

FlirtingMenace: same here bro

AlbertoWithoutAShirto: i think i speak for us all when i say you are forgiven

LesbianOfDemise: ^very true

JackBeNimble: thanks you guys now tomorrow we need to start planning something else to put a REAL end to this

I turned my phone off and looked back up. I launched myself over the table and collected both of them in a hug.

"Thank you both so much!" I said. Crutchie and Davey both hugged back. We pulled away and smiled. Davey checked the time and frowned.

"I'd better go, my parents want me home soon."

"Yeah same," Crutchie added. I nodded and hot up with them. We all walked away from the dimly lit school and towards our homes. We split off, Crutchie going one way and Davey and I going the other. I was still smiling while we walked away.

"Thanks again." I told Davey, who just shrugged it off.

"I forgive anyone if they had a good reason, especially my cr- best friend. We are best friends right?" He asked, cutting himself off at one point. I raised an eyebrow suspiciously at what he had stopped himself from saying, but didn't push. I knew that would not work out well.

"Yeah, I'm glad for that." I said, then stopped. "I turn here, so see you tomorrow?"

"See you," Davey responded with a smile and walked away. I was happy now, knowing we were going to come up with a way to stop Pulitzer.