✰sixteen✰

"yeah." i said "about that why'd you come back?" i asked 

"can i not come back to visit my sister's out of the goodness of my hear-"

"cut the bull jack." i rolled my eyes and he sighed,

"i came because lucy's not doin to great and she needs a place for." he pauseed and stared at the counter

"what?" i sighed,

about a year ago jack got a girl named lucy pregnant, so my dad gave him the boot. lucy had a history with drugs and i think she was in rehab for a little but she's out now and not much has changed so i've heard at least, i was forced to cut ties with her after the incident. i felt awful at the beginning but, over time it went away after i heard about how she poorly she handled alcohol and drugs, in case you haven't noticed, those are not something i like very much, so the pity faded into simply not caring.

"and camille." he finished

"camille?"

"she's..uh she's my-um..my daughter?" he offered

"she kept the baby?" i asked in shock he nodded,

"and she told me she know's she's only going to get worse and she want's me to take care of camille. but thats insane right? i can't take care of a baby i'm only nineteen!"

i nodded slowly "i mean it's better than leaving your child in a home that's most likely going to become toxic." i said "that's just not fair." i mumbled the last part and his face softened

"look, maddison-"

"it's fine jack. tell lucy i say hi. just know that your gonna need to find a place to stay, because dad doesn't want you or your kid here." he sighed

"i know, but i just thought you would be on my side with this."

"jack, i am on your side but, i'm still mad at you. do you know how much i've had to do since you left? how many beatings i took for you? how many times i took care of cassie for you?" i asked my voice cracking. tears started rolling down my cheek's 

"i wasn't ready to be in charge! it was all so soon it was like that." i snapped my fingers "and i was grown up." i never told anyone any of this. nor ever mentioned my brother. my father disowned him, no one knew why.

"we all had to grow up fast in this house!" he shot back

"i was seventeen and i had to live on my own, i had to take care of a 10 year old and a 13 year old when i was sixteen! and now, and now-" he ran his hands through his hair, realizing the truth of the matter "now theres a fucking- a fucking kid! that's mine!" he pointed to his chest "so yeah i know a little bit about being forced to grow up, and yeah it is fucking unfair, but maddy? the world is fucking unfair and you're gonna have to get used to it because it only gets worse." i stared at the ground as tears streamed down my cheeks, i didn't cry, or make a sound, just letting them fall onto the ground making small puddles at my feet.

"i'm sorry." he whispered and i looked up

"sorry?" i scoffed

 "i'm sorry i left you with dad, i'm sorry you had to deal with this alone, i'm sorry for all of it okay!?" he yelled i stepped back ducking out of the way, his glare faltered.

"fuck." he whispered, stepping forward to me, "fuck-i'm sorry i'm so-"

"jack." i interrupted putting up a hand and stopping him from getting closer, "you need to leave, get out because i know for a fact all you being here is gonna do, is hurt people more." he looked hurt and i felt bad, but it was the truth

"okay." he said after a moment and turned around and walked out the door.

 i slid down the wall, silent sob's wracking my body. i felt someone sit next to me and pull me close, he smelled like weed and old spice, the only person that could pull off that smell was him. i didn't look up, only burrowing my head further into his chest as he rubbed my hair until i calmed down.

"are you okay?" he asked after a while

"no." i whispered "i don't think i'll ever be." 

"me neither. we can be not okay together though."

"i-im sorry." i said

"for what?" 

"i keep lying to you and i haven' t told you about my family or-"

"then tell me."

"jack has a daughter." i said my voice barely above a whisper

"what?" he asked 

"he got a girl pregnant. thats why he was kicked out, but she kept the baby and she became even more of an addict and now jack has to take care of her, and-and he's gonna leave again and i can't handle all of this!" i sobbed, he pulled me to his chest and whispered in my hair.

"it's gonna be okay, you can get through it." i shook my head,

"no-i-i can't its too hard jj.."

"i know, but you have me."

"no, jj you don't want to be around me anymore i'll just ruin you." i said pulling away

"but, i...i think i love you." he said quietly

"what?" i asked, my voice cracked as i looked at him, more tears wetting my cheeks.

"i love you." he said louder this time, and with more confidence,

"how could you love me? i'm broken," i asked between teats

"then let me fix you baby." he said and pulled me in for a kiss. i kissed him back and he brought me into my room where i fell asleep in his arm's.

a/n: well hot damn thats a lotta stuff. now you know who jack is and what happened. 
awww maddy and jj are such goals i cant.

 if you're reading this i love you🤍