✰thirty seven✰

in the house was my dad sitting on a couch with his head in his hands, and he looked to be crying. jack was sitting next to him, a look of concern and anger and fear blended on his face. camille was no where to be seen. At the sight of my dad, i automatically backed up, force of habit, and grabbed jj's hand.

"maddy?" jack asked "what are you doing here?"

"we wanted to see camille again..." i trailed off taking in the scene in front of me,

"whats going on?" i asked

"maddison," my dad started, looking up i saw his eyes were red, looks like from crying

"i-i'm so sorry..." i looked at him in disbelief

"excuse me?" i asked "your sorry? what the hell? for what?" 

"everything. i've been awful." i scoffed

"awful?" i asked "awful?" i laughed "understatement of the fucking year dad." i didn't want to go into detail in front of my brother, boyfriend and best friend, but if i needed to i would. before i could say another thing sarah and jj left, which was probably for the best

"i-i um, don't really know what happened i think because of your mother,"

"no."i interrupted "you don't get to blame this on her." 

"she died." he told me 

"yeah. dad she did." i said crossing my arms "you know something? she got fucking cancer and died dad. and you know something else? it's not my fault or jacks fault or cassie's fault, hell it's not even fucking your  fault. as much as i'd like to blame one of the worst moments of my life on you, i can't. but don't worry you have all the rest."

"you know who else is dead?" i asked

"maddy-" jack started

"shut up jack." i snapped, he sighed and shook his head at me.

"cassidy. and this one? yeah. it was your fault. you are responsible for your. own. child's. fucking. death.

"thats enough maddy!" jack yelled

"what the hell?!" i yelled at him "why are you defending him after everything he's done to you? to us?" i asked he looked down and i scoffed

"dad, i'm gonna leave now with my friends and jj. oh yeah, have you met him? he's my boyfriend. my pogue boyfriend." my dad just clenched his jaw "i just wanted you to know i hope you rot in hell. good bye mother fucker." i flipped him off and walked out of the house. i walked into the car without a word.

"um..." kiara started

"sorry pope we can meet camille another time." i said monotone. they just sat there, 

"thats okay." he said quietly

"can we leave? please?" i asked they snapped out of their trance and john b started the van and we drove out. i sat in silence the whole ride, clenching and unclenching my jaw. we came to a stop at the chateau and the pogues went in claiming they needed supplies. this left me and jj.

"look, i'm not gonna make you explain anything-"

"he apologized." i said "and-and then he tried to blame it on my mom."

"he tried to blame 16 years of-of physical and sexual abuse, on-on my dead mom!" tears started to pour out of my eyes, but i wasn't done.

"b-but then i said all this shit to him and now i-i can't go back..." i sobbed and he engulfed me into a tight hug, whispering that it would be okay. 

"jj what am i gonna do?" i asked looking up at him through teary eyes, he wiped my cheek with his thumb and took a shaky breath

"i-i don't know..."

a/n: heyyyyy omg sorry these have been so short but in the next one i promise. they're gonna get the gold.

if ur reading this i love u🤍