Kazekage

Because I want revenge on the village.

It had been a few months since he had said those words to the redhead, even more so he had insisted on seeing me every day without caring about anything. He didn't say anything about it, I didn't know if he thought my actions and thoughts were on the path that he used to belong to, but he didn't seem to care much, because thanks to his insistence, now we saw each other more often.

I have no idea why I listened to him back then, but now I know that I can't miss that opportunity, I would use it to get information from him on important locations in the village or the guards.

He would get as much information out of him as he could, in order to deliver it to Akatsuki.

Right now I was on my way to the outskirts of Sunagakure with slow steps, it was not my pleasure to cross the desert every week to go see it. More I wondered how they had not yet branded him a traitor. We saw each other every week and no shinobi had noticed our encounters, more if they did, they would immediately brand him as a traitor no matter how much the next Kazekage was.

"Took a long time" he reproached when he saw me there.

"It's the same. Why did you want to see me?" I crossed my arms.

"In a week they will name me Kazekage, so I want you to be present when that happens."

I stopped crossing my arms to look at him in disbelief. Did he know the risk that both of us were running when proposing that to me? Surely not, like most of the time. I was always the one who thought about the consequences. Couldn't he think about them?

"Before you say something. Take this" stretched his arms out to me and handed me a bunch of clothes that the villagers there wore by default "I knew you'd refuse, so why don't you dress up?"

I hate it.

How is it that he can convince me so easily?

Huff. I was already wearing the normal clothes of the Sunagakure villagers, I felt completely strange, this was not me. What had happened to me?

"The redhead is changing you" I let out a mocking laugh at me after his comment. Huff.

"Of course not"

"Whenever we talk about him, you contradict me. Think about it, since you and he talked about his why you have been visiting him and doing what he wants"

"Of course not... I don't do what he wants..." I whispered "...Stop confusing me..."

I left the redhead's room and began to walk the streets of Sunagakure, seeing how they were adorned for the appointment of the new Kazekage. I stopped walking once I was in front of the Kazekage tower, many people were grouped in front of it, waiting for someone to start all this that they had been preparing for more than a week. There were a few guards scattered around, I suppose the others will be in the village. After spending a few long minutes, an old man leaned over the railing and took the attention of everyone present.

"Thank you for attending this important event for the Hidden Wind Village. As you all know, we lost our fourth Kazekage a long time ago" they murmured slightly "But now, after so long, we have been able to find a person who is at the level to take that position. That person is Sabaku No Gaara, son of the fourth Kazekage, now; fifth Kazekage" after those words the redhead leaned over the railing and stood on the old man's left side, took off his hat and spoke.

"Thank you for giving me this opportunity to be your new Kazekage. I know that in the past I made many mistakes, so now I want to compensate them by fulfilling the position that was granted to me" everyone looked at him with a smile, giving them their silent approval waiting for him to continue "I will not be the best, but I will do my best at my position. Thanks to you, I am now the fifth Kazekage of the Hidden Wind Village"

After his last words everyone applauded and cheered the redhead, he put on his hat and the screams got louder. I crossed my arms as I stared at him.

This was going to be a big problem.

OMNICIENT

Kane and Gaara were at their usual meeting place. The redhead had sent a sand clone to fire his friend, since he could not leave the Kazekage tower due to the immense mountain of papers that surrounded him at the moment.

"Thank you for attending" thanked the clone.

"You don't have to thank, just don't call me again. Now you have to exercise the position of Kazekage, you cannot waste your time with me" he speaks with a really strange tone of voice, nor did she know where that tone of voice had come from.

It was sad. He was indifferent.

The clone was silent and before she could reply or even ask something, Kane took her mask and put it on, leaving quickly lost in thought, just as she did not like it.

Something was wrong. Not only with her, but also with the feeling she had. Kane had no idea what was coming, it might not be a big deal, but for her it would be a huge contradictory change for her future.

This is a short chapter, but I am not very good at writing about romance, I really try but I have no experience so it is more complicated for me