Aqua

I started running through the trees towards the exit after sending that message. As I passed a tree, a corpse came into view. It was strange, he had never seen anything like it. I began to wonder if there was quicksand around. The corpse was completely covered in sand, something really strange. I got down from the tree and approached the corpse, I crouched down and touched his body examining it next to the sand, take my eyes off and another corpse was in the same condition a few meters in front of it, five meters to be precise.

This was strange.

Advance to the second corpse and to its left was another in the same condition, giving me to understand that the team had been killed with the same weapon.

"A team has been attacked by sand and killed by sand, what an ethical pat" I directed my gaze to the third corpse, there was a small trace of that mysterious sand. Curiosity consumed me and I began to follow the sand trail

Walk for a few minutes until you look up from the ground and can observe the surroundings. The sand vanished several meters before reaching the tower. How did I not realize it?

I think I was so focused on perceiving chakras that I didn't notice the corpses of the other shinobi who didn't make it to the tower. I sighed. The mysterious assassin would be in the tower right now, and it would be more difficult to identify him. That bothered me, I wanted to fight him.

I have no idea how, but I know I will find it.

Before I could go towards my goal, I felt the gaze of someone watching me in the distance. I took out a kunai and positioned it to act as a mirror, so I didn't have to turn around and quickly identify my target.

From the reflection of my weapon I could see aqua eyes and reddish hair. He looked at me coldly, like I was prey to him.

I had no knowledge of the existence of an assassin who used sand to kill his enemies, however, despite his unusual way of ending the lives of ninjas and kunoichi, I would not let that look shine at me.

I put two fingers at the level of my lips on the mask and quickly disappeared to appear behind him. Once I was behind him he did not move a finger or speak, I only saw how sand began to levitate around him to later prepare to attack me, with agility and speed I managed to evade his attack until I reached in front of him. He got up and stopped attacking me. We both looked at each other seriously, analyzing any movement.

We were like hunters looking at their prey.

We both analyzed each other with our eyes, only he could not see my neutral expressions before his analysis. He belonged to the village of Sunagakure as one of their exam-nominated genins, responsible for the previous corpses I found.

Now there were two assassins watching each other.

I focused on carefully analyzing his chakra as I was perceiving an irregularity in it just as it was with mine. His chakra was not normal.

It was huge. As much as mine.

It was dark. As much as mine.

I watched him for a few moments before asking a question, I had to answer my questions.

"You are a Jinchūriki right? his eyes darkened when I asked my question, his frivolous gaze that expressed something clear did not depart from mine leaving something clear: he wanted to kill me. That would remain as a simple look, because it would not succeed, I also had tricks up my sleeve.

"Are you afraid of them?" he asked coldly before attacking me again with the sand.

Before his attack came, make quick hand movements. Kaze no Yaiba. Medium-sized blasts shot from my fingers and quickly slowed their attack inches from my body.

"It would be stupid of me to fear me; don't you think?" I asked for "It is definitely not cute to be the container of a superior beast feared by all, it is disgusting to be a container that nobody respects and everyone fears. Although it is not quite" I smiled.

He slightly tilted his head forward while keeping his gaze on me.

"What are you going to know? You are not one of us."

I gave a dry laugh; sarcastic.

"Although you have ignored my words, I know more than you imagine."

Silence followed my answer. I was still interested in fighting her even so she did not believe my words, however, I had to continue with my mission, I was delaying it. And she hated delaying missions.

"Even if" add "I've found myself on both sides, it's fun, you should give it a try."

"Two sides?"

"I once belonged to people who feared the power of others, however I understood that my power was greater than theirs, and I discovered that I belonged to people who caused terror."

The last one was more fun.

"What kind of beast do you own?" I asked with interest "Your chakra is abundant enough like mine, but not like that of a certain person that is not relevant to mention" he didn't answer anything so I assumed he wouldn't tell me so easily

I shrugged and shrugged it off, I would end up finding out one way or another.

"I don't know if it was a pleasure talking to you, bye redhead" I concluded the conversation and disappeared in the same way

I resumed my walk towards Anko so that I could report in more detail. Without being distracted, I managed to get to where Anko, who was already surrounded by the other ANBUS in charge, approached them and positioned myself in the middle.

Since we're all here, that means we didn't find a trace. I thought aloud with a lost look.

"We will increase security in the village" I looked up when I heard Anko "They will be reunited and assigned zones, if they see something suspicious or someone, they must notify me immediately" we agree "Good. The Hokage will assign your posts, stand down."

After the order, we all quickly complied with it and started running towards the main tower. Once there, we waited a couple of minutes for all the available ANBUSs to meet in the office, and when we were all present, Sarutobi took the floor.

"Security will increase as Anko mentioned earlier. Now they will be assigned areas to keep watch, be as cautious as possible, we do not want to alarm visitors or residents, ok?" we agreed after receiving the orders.

Sarutobi called us one by one and distributed us to all areas of the village. My zone for tonight had been assigned to the tower of the forest of death. And the next morning I should be in the vicinity for surveillance.

We all left the office and dispersed, in case we found any abnormality we should send a bird to report. Just like the one he had sent for Orochimaru message. All ANBUS had to learn that invocation, it was essential.

They gave me entry into the forest again. So I started to do the same route that I had done in my last surveillance. Upon arrival I sighed heavily, surely Sarutobi had done this on purpose.

He always had to violate my peace and my wishes.

I snorted before entering the happy tower again. Most of them were already asleep scattered all over the floor, and most were in groups of three. Although, there were only two sand ninjas.

I settled into my position and after analyzing all the shinobi attempts that were in the tower, I came to the conclusion that many of them were not competent enough to stay there. Among some of the genins that were there, in addition to the incompetent, the genins of sound did not come to like me.

The gazes of those who were awake fell on me, again I was among them, which was not at all to my liking, although it was my mission to do so. The previous time I had entered, it was not to my liking having him around like that time. While that had been a problem the first time, now that he was resting she could be calmer than before.

I leaned against the threshold of the door crossing my arms uncomfortable to have some looks of the genins on me. I turned my head and glanced at each and every one of them warning them to look away.

Only one was missing. That red-haired ninja caught my attention, just like those aqua eyes.