Air Drums

The kids were singing along to the song that was on the radio very loudly, a couple different versions of the lyrics going around. I turned it down a bit when commercials started playing, earning me complaints they couldn't repeat those too.

"So how was daycare today?"

"Awesome! We got to go out to the playground!" Binnie reported, and I wondered why Hyunjin wasn't saying anything until I saw him sleeping in the back.

"Jae hyung brought in his drum set and we got to play around with it."

Felix started mumbling to himself in his gibberish, and Minho took the one year old's hands and started making drumming motions. The little one laughed and Changbin copied the motions so they were both playing the drums. Jisung started strumming an air guitar, making themselves a mini band.

"I learned something fun today!" Hyunjin exclaimed as we pulled into the driveway, suddenly awake now.

"What's that?"

"The other kids at the daycare are called girls. Sana taught me that today. Which means Mom isn't the only girl." I don't know how the kid went four years of his life without knowing their Mom isn't the only girl, but I'm glad someone told him.

"Well duh. How could Mom be the only girl?" Minho fired back, and Hyunjin sunk into his carseat.

"It's okay, Jinnie. You didn't know." I got out of the car and grabbed both Seungmin and Jeongin since all of the boys ran out and raced each other to the door. Completely forgetting they couldn't get inside because I had the keys and it was locked.

"Hurry up, Dad! For a kangaroo, you're pretty slow."

As soon as I unlocked the door they were running inside and grabbing buckets and pans, making a drum set. Changbin grabbed wooden spoons from the kitchen, tossing them to Lix and Hyunjin who had now taken over the makeshift drum set.

Minho took the hands of those not playing the drums and danced with them, making sure to involve Seungmin and Jeongin. Surprisingly, they managed to take turns without yelling at each other. Something they must've learned at daycare.

The clanging they were now calling music lasted until I needed the pans they had taken to make dinner, so they found other ways to make music until they got bored of that too.