First Day At A New School

"Do we have to go to school? We won't know anyone there." Minho complained, and I sighed.

"I thought you wanted to move so you could get away from the people at the old school." The seven year old slouched and gave me a look that said I should have known better.

"But now I have to find new friends. And I want to stay home with Jisung and Jeongin." I refrained from reminding him that he had three other brothers that he would then stay home with, and I instead finished packing the lunches.

"They're all going to a daycare, and you're not staying home alone. Changbin has to go too." The said child then looked up from the table and finished eating breakfast.

We had somehow managed to paint both of the boys' rooms yesterday, but with the drying walls I didn't want to put anything in there. So in other words they all had a sleepover on my bed and floor.

"We only have five months of school to go through and then it's vacation." Changbin noted, and Minho sighed once more.

"Enough with the moping, we're leaving in five minutes so hurry up." The boys then ran around and finished getting into their new uniforms and eating the rest of their breakfast. I'm just glad this house has two bathrooms.

I made sure the two babies were all set with their diaper bag and that Felix and Jisung were also all set. Hyunjin decided recently he was completely independent and could do everything on his own. At least he has a decent sense of what matches and what doesn't.

"Everyone in the car!" I made sure they all left the house with their shoes on before grabbing the babies and putting them in the car. I am most definitely never leaving behind a kid again as long as I can stop it.

...

"Bang Minho?" I nodded at the male teacher and he just pointed to an empty desk in the back of the classroom. I sat down next to someone who looked very spaced out as he stared at the wall.

"What are you doing?" He snapped out of his trance and looked at me strangely.

"Are you new?" I nodded my head. He really must have been spaced out if he didn't notice me coming into the room. I almost fell flat on my face. I thought everyone saw that.

"I'm just talking with my twin." He said it like it was the most natural thing in the world, but I knew for a fact that he wasn't talking with anyone when I sat down next to him.

"Oh you have a sibling?" He nodded, almost like he was trying to get me to stop talking with him so he could continue to space out. I don't go away that easy.

"I have six brothers. How many do you have?"

He laughed and I looked at him strangely. Normally people just gasp and say "wow that's a lot!" Nobody laughs.

"I have eleven and one older sister. What's your name?" He now seemed more intrigued to talk to me now that I mentioned I had a lot of brothers, and it made sense.

No one ever meets up to family, so we both must know we don't expect much from the other. That's probably why he kept wanting to stop talking with me.

"I'm Minho."

"Jun." He nodded curtly, but then our attention went to the front board as our teacher started the lesson. I think I can probably make it here.

...

"Everyone, this is Bang Changbin. He's joining our class today, so I want you all to be very nice to him." My teacher spoke so softly and sweetly, earning nods from the other children at the different colored tables.

"Why don't you go sit at the red table with Jihoon?" She pointed me in the direction of the other boy, and I gladly skipped over to where he was sitting. All of the other kids were playing around with each other, but he just sat there.

"Hello!" I sat down next to him and leaned over onto my elbows to see what he was doing. Jihoon then moved his paper closer to him and covered his drawing with his arms so I couldn't see it.

"My name is Bang Changbin! Do you want to be friends?" He looked up at me with no emotions for a second before turning his attention back to the paper.

"Why don't you go play like everyone else?" He muttered, and I pouted. He was not going to make this easy on me.

"They're not Felix." It was almost like his ears perked up as he looked at me with squinted eyes.

"Well you're not Hoshi hyung." I sighed. This kid needs to cheer up some more.

"Can we still be friends though?"