Fort Bang

"Can we make a fort? Like a really big one?" Hyunjin asked, spreading his arms as far as he could to show how big he wanted it.

"Oh yeah! We haven't done one in forever! Can we?" Minho added, his eyes lighting up.

"Go for it." I shrugged, and the boys all jumped up from the floor to join in on the fort making.

"The kitchen chairs and blankets!" Changbin shouted, and the two oldest started dragging them into the living room in a giant circle while the youngest ran to their rooms to grab as many blankets as they could.

Seungmin and Jeongin sat in the middle of the floor, watching the whole thing come together around them. I was just worried someone would trip over them and get hurt in the midst of the chaos.

"We could do a fort inside of a fort with the couch cushions." Changbin suggested, and Jisung dragged Felix up so the two of them could do that. I helped them take the cushions from the house, but the one and two year old set up the cushions around the two babies, laughing as they did.

With the three cushions they set up a triangle around them, trapping the two inside and draping a blanket over the top.

"Don't knock over." Felix instructed, peeping through the blanket over the top.

"Where's the rubber bands? The blankets don't reach all the way." Minho questioned, and I walked into the kitchen to grab the package I had in one of the top cupboards the kids can't reach. I tossed him the plastic bag and he caught it in the air, taking one out to tie two blankets together so they would reach across the living room.

I watched them all work together to build a giant fort, occasionally being helpful by holding up the blankets as they worked. Jisung and Felix were given the job of building supports made of Legos to keep the blankets high enough, but they ended up having to be helped by Hyunjin since they kept on getting distracted.

"All done!" Minho stepped back to admire their work from another angle, and he gave the other kids a thumbs up.

"It looks awesome." When they said fort, I wasn't expecting it to take up the entire living room and take away all but one of our kitchen chairs. And I have a feeling it's not going down for a while.

"Can we sleep here tonight?" Changbin asked, peeking his head out from the fort so he could ask with puppy eyes.

"I don't have a problem with it as long as you actually sleep."

"Hyunjin hyung's already asleep." Jisung said, and I crouched down to confirm he was indeed sleeping with his head on one of the couch cushions Jeongin had pushed over so he could escape Seungmin.

"Story?"

"Storystorystorystorystorystorystory!" Felix repeated after Jisung, bouncing up and down on his heels.

"Someone go pick out a book then. Who's turn is it tonight?"

"Hyunjin's." Changbin sighed, poking him to try and wake him up. The four year old slowly woke up, rubbing his eyes.

"Aw dang it. What'd I miss?"

"It's your turn to pick the story." I informed him, and he quickly got up and crawled out of the fort to go find a book.

"Don't let me fall asleep again. I really want to hear this story." He came running back with a book in his hand, diving into the fort and bouncing as he waited for the rest of us to join him in there.

"Here we go. The Three Little Pigs."