The Adoption

"Why do I have to get dressed up again?" Changbin whined, extremely upset I was putting him in dress clothes.

"Because we all have to head to court tomorrow to finalize the adoption process for Jeongin." The four year old just stared at me, not really understanding or caring for everything I just said.

"If you want Jeongin to stay you have to look nice." Minho threatened from the doorway, and I sighed.

"It's not quite like that." The seven year old shrugged and returned to his own room. Changbin squirmed as I attempted to fix his hair, but he was nothing compared to Felix. The one year old wouldn't get dressed for the life of me today and I considered taking him to the court room in just a diaper.

"I don't wanna!" Jisung screamed from the other room, and I sighed once more.

"Dad! Jisung won't get dressed!" Minho called out, and I looked at the partially naked one year old in front of me.

"Felix won't either." The said child smiled at me while he played with his feet, and I swear he knows what sort of trouble he's causing me right now.

"Does this mean no Jeongin?" Changbin whimpered, close to tears at the thought of losing his baby brother.

"No, I won't let the happen. Think you can help me, Binnie?" The four year old nodded and stood in front of Lix, gaining the child's attention.

"You need to get dressed, Lixxie. Please?" The one year old looked at his hyung for a second before lifting his hands so I could put a shirt on him. I don't know why Changbin is the only one who can ever get him to do something, but I'll take it.

"Okay, who's next?"

...

"Mr. Bang. You claim your son found the child while it was snowing on a park bench alone?"

"Yes, your honor."

"And this lab report in front of me is claiming the child has no parents in the DNA database for us to find?"

"Yes, your honor." I'm not sure why that was a question for me since I haven't read that paper before in my life, but I won't question it.

"The hospital can't find any birth records of this child or anything to identify this child-"

"His name's Jeongin!" Minho yelled from the back pew, and the judge smiled softly and chuckled.

"My apologies, young sir. But as I was getting at, there is nothing to stop you from adopting Jeongin, and you all clearly are quite attached anyways." My breath hitched and I waited for the judge to continue. But he just had to take an extra minute or two and flip through the folder in front of him.

"With the power invested in me, which is probably a bit too much, I shall call him Bang Jeongin. Welcome to the family." The judge smiled broadly at the baby in front of the entire court, and I let out the breath I had been holding in.

Jeongin was now officially my child and no one could stop me from loving him with my entire being. Just as equally as the others though.

"Thank you Mr. Judge!" Minho yelled from the back, causing the judge to laugh again.

"My pleasure!"