girls night out

My timer beeped at the same time as the doorbell rang. Oh, just great. Stressed I shouted: "Just a second!" Then I dived for the pizza so it wouldn't burn and put it on the plates. I brought them in the living room and then went to open the door.

Lindsey grinned brightly, Jamia giggled and Christa only shook her head in amusement. I smiled sheepishly and explained: "The pizza almost burned, sorry."

"No problem!" Jamia assured and I let the girls in. Since the boys were on tour, we met up every Saturday to spend some time together to not feel that alone. I mean, of course we all worked and had hobbies and the like but on the weekends the house felt more empty. We all were good friends by now so it kind of had become a habit of meeting up weekly when the boys were away for a longer time. Not that we didn't see each other when they were home but you get the point.

We went straight to the living room, everyone taking a seat or just falling down in the sofa.

"Recording is fucking exhausting!" Lindsey complained as she shoved a piece of pizza in her mouth.

Jamia rolled her eyes but grinned. "Try being a teacher and then have a parent-teacher conference thus evening where everyone'll tell you how good their kid is. And trust me, they are not."

Christa laughed. "Ask Y/N and me, these kids really can drain you. They have so much energy!" She said and got up to get something to drink.

Christa and I worked together at daycare since I began there two years ago. She had known about my problems at my old job and offered me the free spot as her co-worker in the group with kids under three. Of course, I took it happily.

"Hey! I just wanted to complain a little bit and not get lectured," Lindsey whined making us all giggle.

The evening processed with us talking mostly over the movie we started. Nobody knew what it was even about and we weren't really paying attention to it.

"When does the tour finish again?" I wanted to know. I had to admit, that I missed Mikey by now terribly. Yes, there was Skype and all but it wasn't the same. I wanted to kiss him again and cuddle and stuff.

Jamia thought for a moment. "I think three more weeks."

I groaned. The others nodded understandingly.

"I miss Ray, too" Christa said.

Then Lindsey perked up. "We should visit them for the rest of it!"

"What?" We looked at her confused. She rolled only her eyes. "Come on girls. That would be the perfect surprise for them."

"Yeah, let's do this!" Jamia added enthusiastically.

~*~

A week later we were on a plane to the current place the band was at. We all took two weeks off and Christa had talked to their manager to inform him that we would be there for the rest of the tour. He liked the idea because apparently our husbands were missing us terribly, too and we're slowly becoming unbearable. He promised to not say a word and even gave us tickets for the concert this evening. We nearly jumped him as he handed them to us.

So now we paid the hotel only a quick visit and then went to the venue the band would be performing at.

"This is the first show in forever we go to together," Jamia said disbelievingly.

"The next tour, we'll do this definitely more often," Christa decided and pulled me into her side.

We interlocked our arms to stay in place as the place got more crowded and talked and giggled for a while more.