You're cowards

"Babe, are you finished? Gee wanted to start at nine!" Mikey shouted from somewhere upstairs  through the house. I was in the kitchen and worked on the food we would take with us.

This year, Gerard hosted the new year's party so I figured that I could bring something to eat. And mom's dip was the best so I decided that I should make it for them.

"Almost!" I answered him a little too loud just as he came into the kitchen, his hair still damp from the shower.

Mikey wrapped his arms around me from behind to watch what I was doing. His head rested on my left shoulder while I felt his body press against me. "What's that?"

"Something to eat for us. It's mom's receipt and it's delicious," I told him proudly as I sprinkled on the final layer of cheese.

Then, I turned my head to look at my boyfriend who stared down at the glass pan skeptically. "What?"

"Are you sure that all that should go in there, Darling?" Mikey asked hesitantly and leaned over to inspect the different layers.

The dip consisted of fried hamburger on the bottom, then a few spoonfuls of sour cream on top. After this, there was a layer of salsa and finally the cheese. For maximal effect, I had made this two times and made sure that every layer was distinguishable from the last. It looked delicious.

"Sure, mom makes it exactly this way. Oh wait, I'm gonna send her a picture!" I took out my phone and looked for her contact.

Mikey still wasn't entirely convinced of my cooking talents, I could tell by his expression. But being the good boyfriend he was, he only nodded along and gave me a short kiss on the cheek. "Darling, we need to go now, though."

~*~

"Hey guys! We've been waiting for you already! Gee won't let me eat and I'm starving," Frank opened the door for us, being as energetic as ever and rubbed his stomach dramatically.

I laughed and walked past him, first into the kitchen, where I put the pan into the fridge and then into the living room where Ray and Gerard were sitting on the sofa, Ray a guitar in hand and strumming a few chords. The song sounded familiar but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Gerard was the one to notice me first. "Oh hey, Y/N! How are ya?"

"I'm fine thanks, what are you playing there?" I asked and set down opposite from them. Frank and Mikey came walking in after me, my boyfriend taking up the place next to me while Frank squeezed himself next to Gerard.

The singer scribbled something down on the sheet of paper in front of him. "Just had an idea for the new song. I think we showed it to you the last time."

So that was why it sounded familiar. I nodded and let Mikey pull me into his side. "Cool. So what's the plan for the evening?"

"We thought that cooking together would be fun and then I don't know," Frank chimed in and looked over what Gerard had written down.

So we did just this and walked into the kitchen to start with dinner. Because we all were pretty chaotic, it took way longer than it should. But hey, we had fun. Though, I was covered in flour now. We hadn't even used flour. Well, Frank thought it would be funny to throw it at me so I had to take revenge.

"Guys, time out!" Ray shouted and made his way to the oven so our dinner wouldn't burn and saved it.

Gerard and Mikey had run away to set the table and to not get involved in the floor fight. I looked at Frank who was wearing a mischievous smirk. "Attack?"

"Attack!"

So we jumped at the Way-brothers and hugged them closely. Mikey caught me surprised but soon regretted it as I nuzzled my face in his neck and shook my flour covered head to rub it into his face. "Noo, stop!"