best thing against stress: a boyfriend and food

Finals were brutal. But at least, I was currently sitting in the last exam, Maths. So far, it was actually going pretty well and I knew most of the answers.

And then, my stomach grumbled. Like, loud enough for the people closest to me to turn around and look at me confused. I blushed madly, tugging my head lower over the paper. Fuck, that was embarrassing.

But in my defense, I hadn't eaten anything besides an apple this morning due to nervousness. And now it was half past twelve. As soon as my face had returned to a semi-normal colour, I looked up. Twenty more minutes, I could do this.

I stared over at my boyfriend, Mikey, who was currently nibbling at his pencil. His eyebrows were furrowed in concentration and it itched in my fingers to walk over and smooth out the lines like I did when we studied together.

Mikey apparently felt my gaze and looked up to give me a soft little smile and a discreet thumbs up. I smiled back and then got back to my questions, a little energy boost in my veins. Somehow, that was something Mikey was able to do to me without even trying. He gave me energy for things I didn't want to do with just the promise that we would spend time together afterwards.

Twenty five minutes later, I stood outside of the room and waited for my boyfriend to come out. As soon as he did, I threw my arms around Mikey's neck and hugged him with the post-exam relief. "We did it!"

"Yeah, we did!" Mikey agreed just as relieved as me and caught me around the waist to spin me around.

We got a few glares, some exhausted, some surprised and the teacher shook his head at us but with a smile. I stuck out my tongue at the staring people around and then grabbed Mikey's hand. "I wanna go home now."

"Then let's go."

We went to his car where Mikey opened the door for me before he walked around to the driver's side and started the engine. "Music?"

"Music." I turned it up really loud and we screamed along to the songs, occasionally singing at each other at stoplights.

Back at my house, we went straight to the kitchen.

"I'm so hungry," I complained and opened the fridge. Damn, there really wasn't anything in it that looked appealing.

Mikey giggled and came up behind me, wrapping his arms around my stomach. "Yeah, I heard it."

"Oh my God, that was so embarrassing," I groaned and wiggled out of his grip. Don't get me wrong, cuddles were awesome but I was really fucking hungry.

And my boyfriend seemed to get the memo so he crouched down in front of the cupboard with the pots and pans. "Yup, sorry babe. Pancakes?"

"That'd be heavenly." I reached up for the flour and made the pancake batter while Mikey looked for the oil and preheated the stove. I knew there was a reason, why I loved him.

"Hey Mikey?"

"Hm?" My boyfriend turned to me with an open expression, probably wondering what I wanted now.

I grinned innocently while I dipped my fingers into the flour behind my back where he couldn't see. Then, I extended my hand in a rush and tapped his nose with my white fingers. "Boop!"

"What the-" Mikey crossed his eyes to look at his nose. "Oh, you didn't just do that Baby."

And then, he walked up to me, grabbed around me for a handful of flour and threw it straight at my face. I shrieked and tried to jump away but still got covered in the white powder.

"Hey!"

And so a fight ensued. To my dismay, Mikey was taller and therefore had an advantage so I was losing. Or so it seemed.