you're my new pillow

What was that? My eyelids felt incredibly heavy but I pried them open in hopes to see something in my dark room.

It was two in the morning as the clock on my bedside table told and I just had woken up to a strange noise that seemed to be coming from somewhere outside my window.

Obviously, I was wide awake now and afraid to move or make a noise. But it remained quiet for a while so I started to calm down again. Maybe it was just an animal or a car.

Click

Fuck, something hit my window. Should I go check? My need for sept preservation wasn't very high so I went. In the back of my mind I was cursing myself out for it, fully aware that this was how most horror movies started; the naïve teenager who decided to check on a strange noise.

Still, I inched closer to my window and breathed in relief as I couldn't see anything. Well, considering that my room was on the first floor I shouldn't be too surprised. Possibly it had been just a lower branch of the tree next to the house.

And as I was standing there, another thing clicked against the glass. It was a tiny rock. I had seen it fall down again.

What?

Was someone throwing rocks at my window? In what stupid movie was I living now?

So I opened the window too look down into the night, the place illuminated by the streetlights.

I could make out a person standing under my window. A skinny person with a mob of brown hair and glasses that reflected in the light.

Mikey.

"Hey Darling," he whisper-shouted up to me and waved.

I leaned out a bit and rubbed my eyes tiredly. I wanted to kill him a little bit for waking me up. "What the fuck are you doing here? It's two in the morning."

My boyfriend gave me that sheepish grin he knew I couldn't resist. Calculating ass. "I missed you and wanted to cuddle."

"In the middle of the night?" I groaned and shivered in a sudden breeze.

Again, Mikey grinned and nodded. "Can I come in before we discuss this more?"

I rolled my eyes and waved him over to the door. My parents were fast asleep and even a bomb attack couldn't wake them up so it was safe for him to just use the door.

He did just that, using the key under the flower pot on our porch and tiptoed through the house.

In the meantime, I had cuddled back under my warm covers and waited for my boyfriend.

Who came now into my room, closed the door quietly behind him and then fell down on the bed and on top of me. I made a tiny 'oompf' sound as Mikey adjusted himself.

His head was now resting on my chest while his right arm was across my stomach, the left one tucked into the space between us.

"You're my new pillow," Mikey stated and hooked his cold fingers between us under my nightshirt.

I giggled and stroked his head, getting tired again. "Mind telling me why you're here? Not that I'm complaining though."

"Told ya already," he mumbled and kissed my neck, "I missed you. I had this nightmare and then I couldn't fall back asleep so I stole Gerard's car and came to you."

"Aw, my poor Baby," I cooed and kissed the top his head. The fact that his first thought was to come to me with this let something explode in my chest and made the sparks fall down to my stomach where they settled with a warm feeling.

Mikey nodded against my skin and tugged the blanket back over us. "Sorry that I just threw myself at you."

"Hey, don't apologise, that's what I'm here for. Also, I love cuddling you Mikey no matter what time," I told him, hoping to make the guilt go away that I could here in his voice.

He should never feel bad about coming to me with his problems. And I tried to make him understand that. Mikey was an insecure person much like me but we were there for each other.

After I had told him that, Mikey relaxed even more and moved a bit around. "Thank you Y/N. I love you."

My breath caught in my throat and I tensed up subconsciously. That was the first time he ever said these three words. Oh my God, Mikey just told me he loved me!

While I was doing a victory dance in my head, I had stayed completely tense on the outside what I only noticed as Mikey tensed up as well.

"I'm sorry, I-I shouldn't have said that, it was too early. I'll uhm go now," Mikey stuttered and rose up but I held him down at his shoulders as I could move again.

Then, I took his face in my hands, forcing him to look at me. I had the brightest grin on my face and must look a little crazy right now. Thankfully, the only light in the room came from the streetlights outside. Still, I could see Mikey's nearly terrified expression that turned into confusion as he saw my face.

"I love you too Mikey. I thought that was obvious," I breathed out, happy to be able to say it out loud finally.

And Mikey stared at me, now it was him who was caught off guard. "Y-you do?"

"No, I'm only in for your brother's fancy car," I deadpanned and pulled his face even closer.

Now, he had to support himself on his arms left and right to my face. This way, I could see the small smile that started to grow on his face as he processed what I just told him.

His lips only millimetres apart from my own, Mikey whispered, "Can I kiss you?"

"Yes" I closed the almost non-existend gap between us.

Much like ourselves, it was maybe a little tense at first, given the situation at hand and that we both were a little slow due to sleep deprivation. But then, we both eased into it, our lips moving carefully. I could clearly feel the love we just confessed to each other in the kiss.

Wanting more of it, I pulled Mikey closer to me after we had gotten up for a second of air. My boyfriend was now almost completely on top of me as the kiss became more heated.

And then, Mikey pulled away giggling happily. "Fuck, I love you."

His forehead rested on mine and I grinned up at him. "I love you too."

We tried to kiss again but our smiles were too huge, making just our teeth clash together, so we just stopped and snuggled back together.

I yawned. "What was that dream about by the way?"

"Doesn't matter, you made it go away," Mikey mumbled, sounding already half asleep.

This boy would be the death of me. I wrapped my arms around his torso, glad that I had him here with me, safe in my arms. Suddenly, I felt very protective of him. "I will always try to make them go away, I promise."

"I know. And I will for you, Darling," Mikey said and gently caressed my stomach with his fingers.

Then, he yawned too. "But I'm really really tired now. Can I stay the night?"

Amused, I raised my eyebrows though Mikey couldn't see it. "You're asking that now? You're already halfway in your dreams."

"Is that a yes?"

"'course it is, dork."

"Goodnight, Darling," he whispered and stretched to kiss me on the underside of my chin.

I smiled softly at my tired boyfriend who was currently being cute as fuck and adjusted us a little bit into a more comfortable position. "Goodnight Baby."

And just like that we fell back asleep, no nightmares this time.

---

Helloooo
Don't we all want someone standing under our window in the middle of the night to cuddle?
I have two weeks of absolutely nothing to do so if anyone has requests please please give me something to write

Love you guys and stay save 💜