Let's see who's the real winner here

Bewildered, I stared at my maths teacher. He was currently explaining something with square roots and I didn't even find a single number in his equation. What was going on? And why were there so many letters? If I wanted letters, I would sit in English.

Frank next to me laughed at my expression. "Everything okay over there?"

"What the fuck is he talking about?" I whispered aggressively mostly out of desperation. We would have an exam about this and my mind wasn't having any of this.

Mikey on my other side snorted. "And I thought I was a lost cause at maths."

So of course I turned to him to give him one of my famous death glares. Well, it might or might not have been that authentic because I could never stay mad at Mikey. Why did I have to crush on him again? And why was I blushing? I tried to stare him down for fuck's sake.

But his stupid grin that most likely was mocking me in any sense I couldn't get at the moment was making me weak in the knees. Thank God, that I was sitting. Otherwise this would end even more embarrassing than it already was.

And that fucker saw that because now, the grin on his normally stone cold face grew even wider. If I wasn't decending entirely into madness, Mikey was checking me out as I bit my lip in an attempt to not make some embarrassing noises. Fuck fuck, what was I supposed to do now?

"Anyway, are you still up for jamming around after school?" Frank asked, cutting the tension that had suddenly built up between Mikey and me. I didn't know whether I wanted to kiss him for saving my sanity or smack him for breaking the tension. Maybe a bit of both.

A sigh deep down from my stomach escaped my lips unintentionally. Hurriedly, I covered it up with my answer. "If you are ready for me to kick your asses on the bass sure."

Mikey scoffed. "Oh please, we both know that I'm awesome at bass."

"Well not as awesome as me!"

"Do you have anything to share with the class?" The teacher interrupted our argument.

All of us shuffled around awkwardly and stared at our hands. Well, I assumed that they did too because I refused to look up from my block. Yes, I was shy around teachers, what about it?

"We were wondering why it equals with 3x and not with 3y because that's what is on the line above," Frank saved us and pointed at something on the board.

There was in fact a mistake though I wondered how the punk had found it so fast. "Thanks Mr Iero, that's right. But try to be more quiet the next time."

"Lets have the guys decide later," Mikey whispered to me as soon as the teacher turned back to the board.

I offered him my hand and grinned, sure that I would win. "Deal."

~*~

Three hours later we were piled in the Ways' kitchen as I watched the boys raid the fridge. I wondered when they would notice that I was making sandwiches with all the ingredients they were looking for. Well, not my problem and it was hilarious to watch.

Finally, they noticed and turned to me with accusing glares that I didn't say anything. But like the nice person I was, I had already prepared a few for every one.

"Y/N, I love you!" Gerard exclaimed dramatically and took one. He even smacked a kiss on my cheek in the process. Nothing new from Gerard as he was a touchy person with everyone.

I rolled my eyes and looked at Mikey. He seemed to be pissed about whatever and went straight to the basement. Huh? Moments earlier he had complained how hungry he was and now he just ran away without even taking a sandwich.