Chapter 7: You Can't Unring a Bell

Start from the beginning

He chuckled, "Her mother arrived earlier than anticipated, so I sneaked outside." He cleaned the kiss, "what about you? Did you hunt for ghosts with Ella?" He raised his eyebrows.

"With you aunt in the garden? of course not." He said, and fixed his hair.

John closed his mouth smiling, and then let out a laugh, "so, you did think on something naughty... am I right?

He gave a worried look, but before he could answer he heard John's aunt telling them that she was going to get some groceries, with Ella. The two women left through the back door; that gave him some time to think on what to answer.

"That's very untrue, of course I didn't." He faked a relaxed tone.

"Why not?" He didn't believe him.

"'Cause...y'know she's not my type, in any way... also have you talked to her? She's got many problems to deal with, it'd be like that crazy girl you dated years ago, not fun to be around.. what was her name-," he had the name on the tip of his tongue, but a noise of the squeaky wood floor alerted him.

It was Ella, she had returned because Mimi told her to ask John if he needed something from the store, and she had listened to their conversation, since the noise gave her in, she faked a smile and approached.

She fixed her gloves in her hands and asked, without looking at them, "Your aunt wants to know if you need anything."

To her misfortune, John said yes, and went to grab a pen and a piece of paper to write what he needed, she followed him, took the list and left.

"Do you think she heard?" He asked mortified. Once John hd returned to his side.

John patted his shoulder, "Probably, her face makes a weird grin when she pretends to smile."

October 22, Lizzy and Cynthia went to the small dinner prepared for Ella's birthday, and unfortunately for Mimi, John's friends too. As John impatiently requested, she opened the presents, first Mimi's it was a purple beret, then she opened Cynthia's, it was a diary, then George's.

"Thank you George, for this... world map," she opened it

"It's so you don't forget how America looks like."

"And that was really thoughtful of you," she seemed confused.

"Here's mine." John hugged her and then he gave her a little bag.

Ella saw inside of it. "Is this a piece of hair?"

"Mine," he said proudly "Don't worry came from me head,"

She looked strangely to him.

"It will be worth millions someday," he heard her thank him, "who's next? Who thinks that will beat mine?"

"I guess mine," Paul gave her a letter.

"C'mon Ella, read the letter," John said sitting next to her, trying to make her blush.

"Of course!" she only read the envelope "To: Ella, From: Paul, happy birthday."

"Smarty-pants, let's go boys, this is a shite of a party," John said, and they followed him

"Lennon, don't use that language, Christ!" Mimi reproached him, as she went to the kitchen along Lizzy, to bring some tea, now that the boys were leaving, she could use her tea seat, and now no one would break something.

As they opened the door, they found Rick outside, "Hi, sorry I'm late."

"Just in time to take us out of here," John said pushing George outside the house.