35.•°

𝑏𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑘 𝑢𝑝

•🦋•

SEUNGCHEOL'S

Coming home was always devastating for me. Because as soon as I enter my house, I see my crying parents, always there to deliver bad news.

I know every little thing that had happened to the stall was because of non other than Mr.Yoon, that's why everyday anxiety consumes me as I was scared that the next day something worse will happen, ot that the next day, Jeonghan decided he will break up with me for the sake of my family.

But he didn't, we never brought the topic up, as if nothing was happening. I knew he didn't want to let go of me, and I didnt want to, as well.

But this day is different, my father's stall has finally ended yesterday, and now I'm scared if this will affect me and Jeonghan.

***

Despite being scared, I managed to smile as I'm finally walking on the corridors, on my way to the lockers where my boyfriend always stood. Jeonghan was always earlier than me, so I expected to see his warm smile and embrace as soon as I get there.

But as soon as I saw him, he was looking on the ground, no smile was visibly plastered on his face. Seeing him like this makes my heart beat race in anticipation of what was going to happen.

I stopped walking. I almost didn't continue my tracks as I was nervous about what I am about to hear.

I prayed to the heavens that what in expecting wouldn't happen.

"Hey!" I greeted, with the most lively tone of voice I had, to somehow subside the scary tension.

He looked up at me and smiled simply, before looking back on the ground.

After that, none of us spoke, awkward silence consumed us, as I was waiting for him to meet my eyes and say something.

"Let's break up."

He whispered. Did I heard that right? My brain does not want to listen. I didn't want to listen.

"W-what?" I stuttered, chuckling, to convince myself this is all just a joke.

He finally looked up, seeing his red puffy eyes, broke my heart, from those beautiful eyes, tears started to stream down as he spoke, "I said let's break up.."

"H-Han?" I held his hands, he was trying to refuse but I held it anyways.

"Our relationship is no good for any one else but you and me." Jeonghan sobbed. Breaking my heart all over again. First, he broke up with me, now I am seeing him break down in front of my eyes.

Unconsciously, I felt tears dropping on my cheeks, "Han? What are you saying?"

It took a while for him to stop crying, and answer, "I said we need to break up. Can't you see? Your father's business is already gone because of us. Because of me!"

"P-please Han.. We'll make it through...dont blame yourself" he then retracted his hands and made an angry face while he was crying, which I still find beautiful.