16.•°

𝐵𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑐𝑢𝑟𝑡𝑎𝑖𝑛𝑠
•🦋•

3RD PERSON

This day was the day.

The day where all students, all teachers were gathered in the big hall...

Chatters of excitement heard from students watching, but murmurs of nervousness and uncertainty heard from students back stage.

"Everybody calm down, okay? We can do this! We prepared for it a long time! Let's do our best, fighting?!"

The leader Wonwoo said as all right hand from the whole batch were gathered in a circle as they try to calm down, and believe in each other.

"FIGHTING!"

***

It didn't take any longer, as all casts are now wearing their elegant clothings, covering their shivering, nervous body, and their thumping hearts. Light makeups, hoping to cover up all their uncertain faces and get into character.

Some practicing their lines, while some just spacing out to nothing due to being nervous.

Seungcheol and Jeonghan standing side by side, nervous and both wanting to cheer the other, but also both having their tounges cut short as none of them spoke until Seungcheol initiated.

"Uhm... G-goodluck, by the way.." he said softly, making the younger get taken a back at the sudden comfort rushing in his body,

with Seungcheol's simple soft voice making his heart confused as to beat slower because he calmed down, or beat faster because it's Choi Seungcheol who calmed him down.

In the end, his heart beat went a bit back to normal, finding comfort in both the elder's words, and voice.

"Thank you, goodluck to you, too"
They smiled sofly at each other, now both feeling comfort and confidence rise within them.

Diverting their gazes back to the stage, as the curtains slowly opened revealing their narrator.

"Good Morning students and teachers! We are gathered here today, to witness, a reenactment of William Shakespeare's famous novel...

Romeo and  Juliet..."

"We have all worked hard for this, Please enjoy!"

After the opening remark, came the closing curtains meeting at the middle of the stage again, taking a deep breath, they acted...

****

As of now the scenes were going well, the props, the lines, the sound and the lighting, finally getting to part in which Romeo and Juliet had love first sight.

Just like what was written on the script, they stare into each other's eyes, with only the aquarium as a barrier between them.

If you watch from the audience perspective, it looked so real. And if you see from Jeonghan and Seungcheol's perspective, it felt so real.

The way they stare into each other's eyes looked so real, as their eyes were both glistening upon each other's sight, both eyes glazed with true admiration,

As if it was not the first time they experienced love at first sight,
As if both of them were familiar to that feeling.

As if it wasn't an acting anymore.

And deep inside, they knew it wasn't the acting, instead, it was an unexplainable feeling they radiate towards each other.

Seungcheol stared at Jeonghan, his angel wings and white dress proving how much of an angel the younger really is. Jeonghan shined in Seungcheol's eyes, in his eyes, Jeonghan is the most ethereal being.

I like you Yoon Jeonghan.
He admitted to himself for the second time.

While Jeonghan looked at Seungcheol as well, feeling the envy and jealousy getting worn out, it was getting replaced by realization, realizing what he really felt for the older boy.

I like you Choi Seungcheol
admitting to himself for the first time.

The love they have to act, was not an acting anymore.

The scene in which Romeo and Juliet had love at first sight, but as for the two people acting, the scene made them realize they loved each other for a long time.

The scene made them realize that all these time they were blinded by anger and hatred, not knowing what they truly felt, but now everything is crystal clear,

it wasn't hate, but love indeed.

***

A few more scenes happened, and it was finally the kissing scene. The scene before Romeo find out that Juliet is a Capulet.

Like the initial plan, they leaned in to each other, both scared to look up, because once they do, they didn't think they can stop leaning in.

Saying their dialouges as they got closer until a few inches apart was left. Both wanting to kiss right there and then.

Just as planned, the curtain closed, and once it did, Jeonghan let go of Seungcheol and exited the stage for the change of scene.

Leaving Seungcheol hanging, wanting more warmth, wanting more contact, but instead, Jeonghan went backstage, scared of how the other would react, scared to be pushed away and rejected,

And the kiss didn't happen.