Chapter 2: We Should Get Along

Start from the beginning

"As I said, singles sell... I've been writing a song," he showed them a napkin, "and I know you have been too."

"For someone in particular...?'" George said mocking.

"The songs I write are to write songs, just that, not to someone in particular," Paul stated crossing his arms.

"C'mon Paul, it was only a joke, you're the only one with feelings in this group," Pete said.

"At least I don't cry when I'm not home," He answered to Pete, referring to him, "And if you're trying to mock me, just...will you let me be now."

"Uh... see..feelings," John said in a high pitched tone.

The boys were playing the last song when John noticed that Cynthia was alone, sitting at the back.

"That's all the songs we know, everyone, Don't forget to come tomorrow, we won't be here," said John to an empty bar, since it was still early for the crowd to arrive, he left his guitar on the stage and went to where Cynthia was.

"Where is Ella?" He asked worried.

"She went with a 'friend' of yours,"

"What? Where's that Paul, I'm going to...." he said, not noticing that Paul was just behind him.

"I'm right here John, we just played...together... remember?"

"Oh yeah, sorry Macca, so with who? I thought you where going to the park together."

She put her arm around his, "Yes we did, and then Lucas Merryman was there and said something about a date they had, she seemed nervous, probably because I was there, so I decided to leave the turtledoves alone."

"Lucas "Hairyman"?, I supposed she met her when me aunt took her with her 'Beastie' friends, and where did they go?"

"He gave me a ride here, said he would take her to the movies," she said,"he still hates you John, for what you did in school, yes after all these years," she said laughing.

"Why didn't you stop her?"

"I thought she may like him, boring as he is, he has a pretty face, also she asked for his sister... they seemed to be friends," Cynthia put her arms around John and asked him to take her home, she was tired, the girls had walked a lot that afternoon.

Both went walking down the street, it was a cold night for sure, John offered her, his coat, she took his had, it was warm, Cynthia knew she loved him, but he was really stubborn and different from others, 'Would I be able to stand him' she thought.

"Cyn I better leave you here, If I get closer to the house your mother would kill me," he hugged her, "Don't ever leave me for a pretty face okay?" he said it as a joke to what she said before.

"Why would I?" Cynthia said.

John entered his house when he saw Lucas saying goodbye to the two ladies "I would love to see you both soon," He turned and saw John with an evil look "John," he saluted him and left the house.

"Finally you did something right John, I thought you would take her with your slacker friends,"

John only smiled for a second, Mimi went upstairs and the 'look' went to Ella.

"Well, do you like 'im now?"

"I don't, the problem is I don't know how to say no, he was so insisting, and he was being so mean to Cynthia,"

John who was taking off his coat, he put it back as if he was going to go and get that man for a boxing match.

Ella stood in front of him, "Wait! He was being mean by saying horrible anecdotes about you, as if he was trying to convince Cyn to leave you, so I asked him if we could go to the movies,"