4. 𝓠𝓾𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓻𝓸

Start from the beginning

"You need to stop scaring them. They were scared out of their wits last night, many of them couldn't type anything because their hands are shivering." he groaned, pushing past me. He circled around the desk, on the wall behind he has a picture of Snowden. Lorenzo had placed a bet that Remo jerks off to it in private.

 I chuckled, "I'll try." I mock him.

He put the flash drive in the computer, then did some typing at a lightning-fast speed. Showoff, I scoff. And sat on the edge of his desk turning my back to him. I clutch the hand gripper on both my hands and squeezed in as far as it could go. I needed to blow off some steam.

"Prepared for the launch." I ask Remo. He owns a company that creates online war games. He has dummy founders and developers there. They receive monthly payments, as Remo uses them as a front. The games are mostly inspired by our bust on rival's den.

"Almost done, kids are working on minor changes. Will launch as we had previously planned but it's not about that. I am working on the Pumpkin Patch operation." He said, I turned to find his eyes glued to the screen.

"You named it.?" I asked incredulously. We haven't discussed it yet as I was passed out like a pig. It appears we both agree that it's a bigger nexus. We don't have to name our bust. Barge in, shoot to kill, leave the weakest one alive to send the message. This is what we do best. Remo works like a computer and sometimes gives us command through his office. With the equipment he had convinced us to buy -because we all are technologically disabled- we can evade a small country.

"Another video was uploaded yesterday..." I raise my brow quizzically, "After the one we got in the morning. When you were on the way there. It was easy to crack. Here." He turned the monitor in my direction, I prop my forearm on the table and looked closely at the video. The man probably in his 40's was fucking a child, his mask had slipped off momentarily. It was enough to see his face and find out who the fuck was he. I looked at Remo in question.

"Steve Johnson, Bank manager. But after the video was uploaded our computer was hacked. 'Catch Me If You Can' the name of the virus." He said dryly, eyeing the man with disgust before closing the video.

I laughed at him, clapping his shoulder in mock support "The money we are spending for security is going down the drain." 

He rolled his eyes, "I suspected that so I sacrificed one of the old computers." He said, removing my hand, flopping on the chair. 

"They already knew we were after them." I growl, popping my knuckles. Ready to charge towards the 'kids'

"We don't have a rat, Gian. It took them a month to realize, Garcia had made a mistake in the coding. It's possible they were just looking at their masterpiece and found out the glitch. Suppose it's a man, he is arrogant and he is not uploading them. Just using Garcia." 

"Any word about her.?" I ask in frustration.

"None and I don't think we will receive a body either. And that bank manager, died in an accident on his way to work yesterday. Before the video was even uploaded. That's what I was going to tell you yesterday."

I huff, my hands itched to pour another drink so I grabbed the clutch again. "Sounds like a dead end."

"It is. There is no trail to follow." he agreed.

My eyes snapped to him in anger, "Aren't you some kind of prodigy?" I snarl.

"I am. without going to school." he shrugged, There it is again. His favorite line. he never leaves the opportunity to milk it. As though he is some poor fucker who had build an empire from scratch.

"No one is unbeatable, Gian." He said in his good boy voice, opening the fridge. Retrieving all the vegetables he has there to blend in a fucking smoothie. He and his fucking 'kids' sip all day, without moving their hands from the keyboard. "It will probably take us a few months to find other links on the darknet. With more clues, more hackers will be engaged. It will drain our money and time. I need the kids. This is an age of digital war and I need my soldiers." He said haughtily. Motherfucker had wiped off data of student loans, and suddenly he is better than us.