2.1 - Stop This at Once

Part 2
-
Chapter 1

///

You have not heard from Illumi in a week.

You texted him three times and called him twice. He did not responded to any of your attempts at contact, when normally, he can't wait three minutes before replying. You can not help but fear the worst—did his mission backfire? Does he need help? Is he hurt? Or worse, dead?

The thought makes your eyes sting. After spending so many years almost constantly with Illumi, not hearing from him is strange and painful.

You just hope that he is okay. The knowledge that he is a Zoldyck, one of the best and strongest assassins in the world, reassures you. Maybe he is just taking some time off.

As of now, you are trying your best to enjoy your free time in your new hotel room, but it is hard when you can not stop worrying about him. The freshest thing in your mind is the memory of him knocking you to the ground, slapping you, and then kissing you.

You pause, thinking about the memory again.

Just then, there is a knock on your door. You heart skips a beat; what if it is him? You immediately stop your free time activity and dash to the door, nearly stumbling in the process.

But when you open the door, the ominous figure standing in the hallway is not Illumi at all.

"Well hello there."

It is Hisoka. Tantalizing eyes glide over your figure, even though you are dressed in your lazy clothes. You exhale, gripping the door handle hard.

"Hi."

Hisoka brushes past you, nudging your shoulder with his bicep. He glances around the room, which is larger than your last one. You got a suite this time.

"This is a nice one. How long are you planning on staying here?"

"I d-don't know," you reply, closing the door behind him. Hisoka's presence makes your heart race, for whatever reason, which is why you stuttered. "But I agree. It is nice. Did you come here for something?"

Hisoka's back is facing you, preventing you from seeing the teasing smirk on his face. "No... I just came to see how you are doing." His voice comes out silky smooth, like feathers that smell like roses and blood. "Is that against the rules?"

Why would he care about how you are doing? You pause, then say, "Well I'm doing fine. A little worried about Illumi, I guess. How are you?"

"Illumi is fine. He's catching up on jobs that had to be pushed back due to Killua and Gon's troubles with the troupe."

Of course, you don't know that that was a lie.

"Oh." Hisoka walks into the kitchen area, then leans against the counter. You follow him. "Would you like some water or anything?"

"No." He blinks slowly, eyes trained on you. God, his expression is so nerve-wracking. It always looks like he is analyzing you. "Have you been sitting in your hotel since then?"

"Since when?"

He raises a brow. "Since rescuing my precious fruit."