1.4 - The Climactic Battle Scene

Part 1
-
Chapter 4

///

Seconds later, Illumi jumps onto the roof, landing meters away from you and Hisoka.

The conversation between you and Hisoka is over, but his words left a lasting imprint on your mind, like the flash of a lightbulb in your vision. Memories of you and Illumi training remain fresh in your mind, and you know that when Illumi takes his disguise off later, you will not be able to look into his soulless black eyes the same.

"(Y/N), let's go," Illumi says.

You do not look at the real Hisoka, or the Hisoka-looking-Illumi. Eyes trained on the ground, you approach Illumi silently.

///

The inside of the Troupe's hideout is disgusting.

Rocks and dust litter the ground and pollute the air, but, in a sense, it is perfect. Nobody would suspect the Troupe of all people to claim such a nasty place as their meet-up location.

Illumi doesn't say anything. He's walking a few paces ahead of you, perfectly replicating Hisoka's stride in his steps by putting a gentle sway in his hips and extending his legs further than he normally does.

Hisoka sure does have a handsome body. Your heart thumps as you feel the remnants of Hisoka's finger touching your cheek earlier.

"This is it."

Illumi has stopped. He's standing in a doorway that opens up to a long hall ending in a set of downward-aimed stairs.

"Feitan is down there," he says, glancing at you. His eyes are narrow and shadowed, like Hisoka's, but his mouth is a flat, emotionless line. "I'll take the lead."

"Will I have to fight him?"

Illumi looks away. "Yes."

You take a breath. Shit. I can't fight Feitan alone. He's crazy.

Illumi starts to walk down the hall. You follow.

Down the stairs. Dim yellow lights illuminate the path ahead, which is littered with pebbles that roll beneath your shoes. You would focus on them, but your mind is racing.

Illumi won't fight Feitan, since he's disguised as Hisoka. But now Feitan is going to think Hisoka is the traitor. Illumi wants them to think that so the Troupe doesn't kill Killua, because they know that's who Illumi is after. Instead, Feitan will kill Gon for revenge on Hisoka, which is who they will think is behind all of this because of Illumi's disguise. Illumi won't care as long as him and Killua make it out alive.

At the bottom of the stairs is a small, square room, lit by oil lamps in each of the four corners. Feitan is sitting with his spine against the run-down wall, one knee raised cooly to hold up his arm by the elbow. His eyes are narrowed to slits above the neck of his dark, shiny jacket. He glances at you and Illumi, suspicion glazing over his dark irises.

At the other end of the room, Gon and Killua stand chained to the wall. Surely one of the Troupe's Nen is making the chain cuffs stronger than ordinary cuffs, otherwise Gon would have broken out already. Or maybe they haven't broken out because they're scared of Feitan.

Gon's eyes brighten at the sight of the fake Hisoka, whereas Feitan's do the opposite.

"I told you not to come back down here," Feitan says to Illumi, his voice dark.

Illumi is smirking with Hisoka's lips, but he says nothing. His left eye twitches a bit.

You straighten your back, knowing that confidence is key, despite Illumi's words telling you not to fight an enemy that you know is stronger. "You're Feitan, right?"