6.1 - Approach

(A/N: OH MY GOD PLEEEEASSSSEEE this chapter was so fucking exciting to write AHHHHH we are FINALLY GETTING TO THE CLIMAX!!! GAHHHHHHHH ENJOY IT SLUTS)

Chapter 6
-
Part 1

///

The sun is gleaming today. A few weak, stray clouds float across the sky, but none of them attempt to cover the sun's hot, blinding rays. Illumi's hair shines beneath the the raw sun. His pale skin is practically luminescent. His eyes blink, wide and bug like, and they shine just like everything else about his body.

He isn't smiling. Neither are you.

"Well," Hisoka says. "This is a situation."

That it is. The air is tense and awkward, as if none of you know exactly what to do, where to look, or what to say.

Illumi stands up. (You notice that the joggers he's wearing make his legs look longer than usual.) You can't tell what he's thinking, but you know it must be dangerous. He is a Zoldyck, after all; and here you are, standing next to Hisoka, the single person who acted as a brick wall between you and Illumi.

Illumi strides forward, heading right towards you. It's almost scary, watching him move with such intense purpose. You take a step backwards. "You're out of the house," you nervously observe, since you have nothing else to say while he rapidly approaches you.

He doesn't say anything. Once he is no more than six inches away from you, he takes your face in his palms, leans down, and kisses you firmly. There's zero hesitation before his cool lips are pressing against yours.

You close your eyes immediately, even though you're shocked. When Illumi pulls away, you stare at him.

"What... Hey? Illumi, hey." You smile, then start to chuckle a bit, as if you're unsure of yourself. Not one day ago, Illumi had a mental breakdown and kicked you out of his house. You're not sure if you can trust his sanity right now. "What's going on? Are you okay?"

"Yes, I'm okay." He smiles, but it's small and slightly cold—just like most of his smiles. That's reassuring; at least he isn't smiling like a maniac. His tone, on the other hand, is more excited than cold, which is odd. "I just... I talked to my brother, Killua. I realized some things that I hadn't before."

"What kind of things?" you whisper. His face is still so close to yours. His dark eyes shine. His cheeks are flushed and his breath is warm. He smells like pine needles and mint; he must have just brushed his teeth.

"(Y/N), I want to love you," he says, making your heart jump. Nothing in the world exists, nothing but him. He continues, "I want to be hu... man..."

Illumi's words slow to a stop, and his smile melts from his face. His palms stiffen against your cheeks.

You don't get the chance to ask what's wrong before you sense it yourself. Two foreign auras floating to your left, next to Hisoka's.

Illumi slowly looks to his right, and you follow his gaze. Hisoka mumbles, "A little help over here?"

Oh. Oh, no.

Machi and Chrollo stand on either side of Hisoka.

Before you can finish analyzing the situation, Illumi's hands are away from your cheeks, and four needles appear within his bony knuckles, two pins for each hand. You, at the same time, whip out your red fan (the sharp one) in your dominant hand and your blue fan (the shield with the 'I love you' conditions) in the other.

Hisoka's flesh looks taut, like invisible strings are pulling it back at random places; above his elbow, across his belly button, etcetra. You recall Machi kidnapping you and get the idea to use Gyo over your eyes—yep. There they are. Machi's tiny nen threads have been wound up all over Hisoka's body, forcing his sculpted arms back behind his chest, tilting his body at an awkward angle. He doesn't look happy with this unexpected situation in the slightest.