36

Chapter 36

Accident

"What do you mean you're not sure?" Krishna asked. "I was there, I saw how you looked at her. I don't get it," she sighed.

"I don't know," Carlo paused. "I mean she's the one who told me that we should break up," Carlo says as he drinks from his bottle again. "Well, you should've stopped her!" Krishna says, her voice a little loud.

"Calm down, babe," Franco says as he wraps his arm on Krishna.

"Gail says if we're not sure anymore then we should just separate," Carlo adds.

"Huh," James huffs. "I guess it's the trend now?" he says as he lies down on the sand and looks at the sky. "Women and their excuse about feelings and breaking up, it's always easy for them to conclude than ask and throw away everything," he says.

"Yah," Trixie suddenly speaks. "I know you're hurt but my sister-" 

She felt Zion stopping her with his hand on her wrist while shaking his head. Trixie backed down with a heavy sigh.

The mood shifted into a lighter one when they played uno cards all night without running out of things to talk about, whether it may be about relationships or their future careers.

The next day, they all left the resort at nine in the morning. Trixie arrived at her house in two in the afternoon and took a rest.

"Hey," she woke up as she felt someone was tapping her cheek. She slowly opened her eyes and saw Grace. "Dinner," she says.

Trixie nods and stretches her arms and sleepily unlocked her phone only to see if there are any messages from Zion.

Nothing.

Well, maybe he's just resting, Trixie thought.

"Andreanna!" she heard her mom downstairs.

"Yes mom," she says as she tries to shake off that thought on her head and proceeds downstairs.

"How was the trip?" her mom asked her. "Did you enjoy it?"

"We did," Trixie smiles.

"I saw the pictures," her mom says as she puts a glass of water beside Trixie's plate. "You all looked happy," she added.

"Of course, mom. She's happy. Zion's there all the time with her-" and she bursts into laughter when Trixie throws a tissue on her face to stop her from talking.

"Stop," Trixie says as her she flashes her grin. "James' saying things last night though," she banters.

"What things?" Grace's smile fell and asked Trixie seriously.

Trixie was just joking but she felt a sting when she remembered James' face last night and seeing how Grace's face frowned. "What?" she probed.

Trixie tried to turn things around because she doesn't like to cause an issue between her friend and her sister so she teasingly zipped her mouth to annoy Grace.

"Whatever," Grace says as she resumed from eating.

Their dinner ended and Trixie hurriedly ran to her room to check some pictures on Krishna's profile.

She saved their photos and she saw the picture where Carlo's on his knees tying the strap of the surfboard on her left ankle. She saw Gail's name that had a heart react on the photo. Trixie's confused why but she doesn't want to entertain the idea that popped into her head so she scrolls down. She saves a picture of her selfies with the girls, their photo with the banana boat, and a photo of her and Zion on a jetski as both of her arms are wrapped on Zion's waist.