26

Chapter 26

Link

Trixie wanted to open her mouth to say a word but she suddenly can't. She looked away to wipe her tears although there's no point in doing that because Zion saw it already.

Many thoughts are running on her mind right now, and even if she wanted to explain why she's like this and judging by what he said minutes ago, Zion already knows what's going on.

"I like all my friends," she suddenly says, as if it is enough to change what Zion has in mind right now. Zion only looked at her intently, brows furrowed. It was a half-lie, because sure, Trixie like all her friends but she especially likes Carlo more deeply. She doesn't want to lie about what she feels but Trixie felt like being vocal about it isn't right. It doesn't feel right because first, Carlo is with someone and second, Carlo doesn't like her that way.

Zion opened his mouth to say something when they heard loud voices approaching them that made Trixie's heart beat so fast. She dodged her arms from his hand that was holding her to stand still to attempt on avoiding a discussion about it right now but Zion stopped her.

"Do you want to go somewhere?" Zion asked her, almost a whisper. "To hide?"

Trixie immediately raised her head to Zion, shocked because of what he said. Although she doesn't want to entertain the idea, she's kind of considering it. If she really wanted to leave, she has to go now or else it would be too late and it would be impossible for her friends not to notice it. Especially Carlo. She doesn't want to let them know that after months of telling them she's getting better, she's still the same girl, hoping and loving someone who isn't hers to love.

So she nods twice while hearing the loud voices probably form Carlo's batchmates and classmates and Zion pulled her aside.

"Uh," Zion says, breathing deeply. "If you're uncomfortable with me being here, I should go," he says, looking away from Trixie. He was about to turn away when Trixie tugged the hem of his shirt, "Stay," she says and just like that, Zion stayed.

"Tell me if I am too close," Zion says quietly and Trixie can feel the vibration of Zion's heartbeat from his chest, it's making her feel things. "I'll pull away," he adds.

"Dude!"

"Congrats! "

"Honeymoon time!"

And while they were on the other side, Trixie can clearly hear them. She felt her heart constricted from her chest that she can literally feel the ache. "Look at me," Trixie's thoughts came to halt when she felt someone cupped her cheeks, but her eyes still on the ground, refusing Zion.

"Trixie," she snaps when she heard her name and looked up to him. "I am here," Zion says, his voice sounds so eager, as if making her realize that she is not alone. He raised his hands on Trixie's ears, "You can always choose not to listen," his eyes looked like he was staring straight at Trixie's soul. "See? It hurts less when you protect your peace and choose to love yourself first," he says then bit his lower lip.

"Thank you," Trixie says and felt a tear on her face. She was about to wipe it by herself when Zion did it first by his thumb. He only gave her a small smile.

The corridor is now quiet and Zion pulled his hands from cupping Trixie's face. "I better get going, or I'll call Krishna," he says as he puts his right hand in his pocket. And before he can take another step, Trixie stopped him by his wrist. Zion angles his body but not fully facing Trixie, his right eyebrow raised a little, and Trixie realized what she did so she pulled her hand. "S-sorry," she says, took a step backward, and then looked at the ground.