33

Chapter 33

Kiss

Grace was pulling her sleeves until her elbow as she walks towards the kitchen and Trixie dares to act normal while Zion looked like he wanted to leave the house right now.

His hand is on the back of his neck, "I think I should-"

"You are not leaving," she cuts him off. She raised her brow, "Where was the Zion I was talking to, moments ago? Hmm?" Trixie asked, obviously pushing Zion to the edge.

The man only blushed by her remark and did not bother saying his thoughts.

There's a long silence and Trixie can't bear it anymore because there's a shift on the air and she's frustrated to the point that she needs to break it.

"If you won't stop, I'll remove all the decorations in this Christmas tree," Trixie warned him because she's not happy about the silence going o between them.

Zion did not speak so Trixie insisted. "You're really testing me? Fine,"

Trixie starts removing the Christmas balls hastily, creating a loud noise in the room as it hits the floor. "Fine! I just-" he says and Trixie looked back only to see his expression. She mirrored his eyes and there are so many emotions in it that Trixie can't name it.

She felt a stung on her chest as she cupped his cheek and held Zion's hand to assure him, "I am okay. We're okay. And happy right? Stop overthinking and just trust me," she squeezed his hand.

"I should do that. Right," he nods."I will," Zion looked away.

Trixie chose to rest her mind for that day. She suddenly can't sleep every time she remembers Zion's face so she called him to clear things out.

"Hey," she says as soon as the other answered. "Let's hang out tomorrow?" 

"I am not gonna show my face to your sister for the next two months," he says.

"Yah!" Trixie says loudly. "What's the big deal? Adults do that!"

"I know that!" she heard him. "But I- I'm not comfortable about the idea that Grace saw us in that-"

"Oh, gods! For sure she did more when she was with James!" Trixie counters.

"Trixie!" Zion says with frustration on his voice. "Will you take me seriously please?" he asked, but his voice is now toned down.

"I am trying," Trixie says and a giggle slipped on her mouth. "Oops," she adds.

"I-I think it's inappropriate," Zion suddenly says. "I mean, I want to earn your sister's trust that's why I am like this. I want to show your family that I am treating you the way you should be treated, and to see us like that," he paused. "I just don't want Grace thinking that I am some pervert, taking advantage of yer younger sister about the love she's lost."

"Oh," Trixie breathes. She felt her face down hearing that from Zion. "Is that-Is that what you think? That I am still thinking about Carlo?"

"What? No," Trixie heard the engine stopped from the other line, hearing how silent it was. "No, Trix. It's just that,"

"That what?" she held her breath.

"Look, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. I just don't like putting you on uncomfortable situations okay?"

Trixie nods although she can't understand. Has she been not expressing what she truly feels for him to think that way? Stop. She told herself. Don't overthink.

"I know," then there's silence.

"Goodnight then?"

"Yeah, goodnight Zion."