25

Chapter 25

Like

Right after the performance, it was followed by the programs prepared by the Faculty, Staff, and the Supreme Student Government of Wisdom Colleges. Franco sat beside Trixie followed by Grey and Carlo, while Zion sat next to Krishna.

"You didn't tell me James wouldn't be there," Trixie opens a conversation with Franco.

"He informed us last minute and told us he has some matter to attend with business so," Franco says while tying his drumsticks and putting it on the floor. "Well, the performance was till good, I think," he says and Trixie nods, "True." 

He rose up, "What's your plan? I think he wouldn't make it 'til you performance," he continues, his eyes now on Trixie.

"I can perform alone," Trixie replies although, at the back of her mind, she's nervous.

"Sure?" Franco says before he receives a bottle of water from Krishna. "Thanks," he told her, a grin on his face. "You can ask Zion or Grey to play with you though since we practiced together for today and they're familiar with what James is supposed to do," he suggests, and Zion snaps his head at them by the mention of his name.

Trixie looks away and then speaks hesitantly, "Uh, I can just perform a song that I know best," considering the idea but she doesn't want to cause them inconvenience.

"I heard my name, what is it?" Zion joins them.

"I told Trixie that you can play for her since James isn't around," Franco tells Zion shortly. "I mean, we rehearsed with them so I-" he continues. Trixie was quick to react to stop Franco from speaking more when Zion immediately interjects, "Sure," and  twists the cap of the bottle and drank from it. "If that's okay with Trixie, of course," and then he passed the bottle to Grey.

Trixie felt a wave of relief hearing that from Zion, "I-Of course, that would be nice," and then looked at him. "U-uh, do you think we need to practice a little just to make sure?" she stuttered at first but was able to deliver her words right away. "Alright, I'll just get your guitar from the backstage," then Zion stood up, Trixie's eyes followed him until he's out of her sight.

Few minutes later, Trixie saw Zion walking from a distance, her guitar case on his shoulders and realized that Zion is really tall. His body proportions are good, his skin is not as white as Franco but still fair, his almond eyes with long lashes that any girl looking at it will feel insecure, high cheekbones, a dimple and a pointed nose-"Trixie?" she snaps out of what she's thinking and then looked up to the person who called her. "Y-yes?" she answers. "Zion' here," Franco says, a little confused of why Trixie spaced out.

"Oh, you're here. Where to?" she asks Zion.

"Cafeteria? Most people are here so I think it's quiet there," Zion says, his hand holding the strap of the guitar case.

"Cafeteria then," Trixie says.

They watched the program, videos were played on the big screen infront of them, showing the achievements of the school, and its improvement through the years. The principal from each department also gave their own speeches, expressing their gratitude and thanks to everyone who came, and to enjoy the day. It was followed then by performances from different organizations like Drama Club, Dancing club and others.

Trixie decided to ask Zion if they can go since it's almost twelve-fifteen, and thought that it would be a nice time for them to rehearse since they'll be having a break at one.

They sat side by side at the chair, Trixie angles a little so she faces Zion slightly. He started strumming his guitar, trying the chords he could remember from the reharsals and tried it. Trixie smiles a little at how quick Zion was able to remember it all because if she's asked to perform for the band earlier, she'll probably freak out.