chapter 38 : revenge is bittersweet

Daisy and I watch the show through one of the computers of the computer lab, where we sneaked in this morning.

It usually remains deserted these days, because the 1st and 2nd year classes are suspended. We have computer classes only once a week and that's not today, while the seniors only have an exam. So we are probably safe as long as no teacher randomly decides to pop in. If we get caught though, we're definitely gonna be in deep trouble. But after what I did last night, this feels like nothing.

From the camera we set in Nick's classroom, we see him and his friends Jason and Roger entering the class, only to find that their assigned tables and chairs are gone. The look of confusion on their faces as they look around the whole class to find their seats is so pleasurably hillarious that it cracks both of us up.

"Where the hell are our seats? Who the fuck dares to play such a nasty game?!" Nick screams, addressing his class.

"Excuse us, Nicholas," a guy with a ponytail says in a voice dripping with mockery, "unlike you, we all have entrance exams to study for. We don't have time to give a fuck about where you place your ass."

"Good one," Daisy says, snickering. I agree.

Then another person comes to the class and declares, "Yo Nick! Saw a chair with yo' name on it in the boys toiler! It said 'NICK'S ASS' in full damn bolds."

Surprised exclamations are heard. Someone else says, "Hey, me too! I saw a chair beside the building's drains with 'ROGER'S ASS' written on it earlier. Thought it was someone else but holy - who the heck did this deed?"

To answer his question, it was Daisy Redfield, a mysterious supposedly-delinquent girl who is also the victim's younger sister, and me, Cedar Lockwood, a nothing.

That's right. Three chairs and three tables belonging to the three people who tried to sexually assault my friend - are now in six different places of the whole school, merely 20 minutes before their Accounting exam starts. And it's a super important exam too.

The class bursts into a fit of laughter. An identical look of utter shock falls on the trio's face. Nick kicks one of the tables to silent the class. "Shut the FUCK up! Whoever did this, you will pay for it!"

Then he dashes out, his minions following him like minions are supposed to. Many others go after them to watch the show live, as if Nick's public humiliation is much important than the grades that will get them to a good univeristy. For the classmates who have tolerated Nick's bullshits for four whole years, it probably is.

After Nick leaves the class, a girl stands up, throws her arms on both sides and says, "Whoever did this, I love you!"

Daisy throws a flying kiss at the screen to return the affection. I giggle at the gesture. She shifts to the camera-window showing the boys washroom. We set it inside the same stall we put the chair in, with a banner on the wall saying "FOR PIECE OF SHITS". A few seconds later, Nick appears into the frame, breathing heavily, eyes widened to their limits. He mutters some disgusting curse words and tries to pull the chair out, but it doesn't come off the floor.

Oh, the power of mighty super glue.

Another burst of laughter commences behind him along with some claps, where a crowd has gathered to record the whole scene. We don't even have to put it on the internet; they will do it for us. A voice from the crowd shouts that there is another one in the hallway with Jason's name on it. Everyone has already figured out how this is gonna be a Find the hidden object game.

A male student who looks like a mix of Elvis Presley and the maid named Linda who used to work in our house says in a sarcastic tone, "Look Nick, you gotta get your table and chair, or you're gonna have to sit on the damn floor. Go on, go search the whole school for it." He and his buddies high five and snicker at them.