author's note [please read]

"As we go through life, we gradually
discover who we are, but the more
we discover, the more we lose ourselves."

- Haruki Murakami

*****

Dedicated to:

my uncle, Prince

he will never know this,
but i would never be
able to write this book
without him.

*****

h e l l o !📖

Thank you so much for picking my book among the sea of many worthy ones. Hope you'll stick around till the end! :)

First thing I want to mention is that this book is ONLY ON WATTPAD. If you are seeing this anywhere else but Wattpad, please please please contact me and let me know. I would be really grateful to you.

Won't talk too much. Let's see :

First of all

Let's talk about this AMAZING cover art by Tom Haugomat! Go and check out his instagram page @tomhaugomat for more amazing illustrations and also support his work on Behance!👇

https://www.behance.net/tomhaugomat/info

as you can see, his artworks are simply masterpieces!!

*****

1. aspects of religion

As the title suggests, there will be some religious topics that will be brought up. I respect people with any or no religion, so of course nothing I write is meant to uphold a particular religion and demean others. No matter what your religion is, and whether you have one or not, please treat the whole thing as a work of pure fiction. If you have any intention of commenting anti-religious things in defense of those topics, please do not proceed in the first place. Religious people exist, and there is nothing wrong with their beliefs as long as they don't use it to harm others-which none of the characters in this book will be doing. Be respectful, be tolerant.

*****

2. topics of suicide

Topics of suicide are shown in multiple places, and is rather important to the plot, but (hopefully) not in a way that would be extremely triggering. I can't be sure, so read at your own risk. I apologize if it makes you uncomfortable :(

*****

3. swearing

Yes, there will be a bunch of f-words being used in the story, especially because of one particular character. I have not censored them. I'm still uncertain if i should turn on Matured ratings. If you're uncomfortable about swearing, please click off. Thanks for coming anyway!

*****

4. tags

For those who have delved in without checking the tags, this book has multiple LGBTQ+ characters. Our world is made up of many types of people, and I don't plan to leave out any of them in my stories.

*****

5. story setting

Also, the setting of the story is not in America or Britain. The country is irrelevant to the plot, since the whole thing takes place between two/three imaginary cities. If you keep USA in mind while reading, be it it the culture or education system - you'll find differences so it's not recommended. Here, school terms begin in January and end in December (just like how it goes in my country).

*****

6. characters

While I have put bits and pieces of myself and my life into my characters, in no way should you think i'm going through that level of torture XD my family is wonderful and my life isn't more or less harder than yours.

7. length

I'm extremely sorry for this, but most of the chapters are unfortunately very long. I forgot to pay heed to the lengths while writing them, and so they turned out to be quite lengthy. I'm afraid it will throw some of you off. I will not make the same mistake in my next books. For this one, I suggest to read the chapters by taking breaks :)

If you're okay with everything above, then you're good to go! Don't tell me I didn't warn you, 'cause I did. So please don't make negative hate comments as my mental health is already bad enough.

Also, I'm a very friendly person. I reply to most comments. If you want to talk, I'm always willing. Never hesitate! :D

- love, Poma

*****

© Sumaiya Shamsun Halim 2020

All Rights Reserved

This book is protected by the international copyright law and may not be produced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published, altered or broadcast without the prior written authorization from the author.