じゅうよん

"i dont get paid for nothing" said junkyu and as those words left his mouth, mashiho felt a pang in his chest. it reminded him that junkyu was nothing more than a guy and being friendly and nice was all part of the job. but it hurt mashiho, he might not admit it but he had grown attached to junkyu in such a short period of time.

on the brighter side, mashiho was stoked to see haruto. his best friend of years was here.

"look, junkyu." mashiho said. it was weird, odd but he wanted to spend the rest of his time in tokyo with junkyu not his best friend. "i just want to hang out with haruto today and from tomorrow onwards we can resume with our plans."

mashiho was too oblivious to notice the hurt look on junkyu's and walked out of the house with haruto, telling jeongwoo and junkyu a quick bye.

---------

"okay" said jeongwoo. he put his both hands on junkyu's shoulder and pushed him onto the sofa. "so, isn't haruto like the hottest guy you have ever seen?"

junkyu rolled his eyes. "no, he isnt"

of course junkyu thought haruto was good looking but he didn't like him. it might sound weird because he felt like haruto would take mashiho away.

"seriously? tasteless. also, mashiho is pretty hot too."

junkyu narrowed his eyes at jeongwoo and said, "is hot boys all you care about?"

this behaviour of junkyu caused jeongwooo to raise his eyebrow. they always talked about boys, junkyu fanboying over 30 kpop and jpop boys while jeongwoo was more into actors. it took a little while for jeongwoo to understand his best friends' behaviour but he got it because after all, they have been friends for years.

"you like mashiho, don't you?" jeongwoo said.

junkyu looked at jeongwoo as if expecting an answer from him. it was like junkyu wanted to know if he liked mashiho.

"i don't know, jeongwoo. this doesn't feel like an ordinary crush. i just have a fear of losing him. is it bad?"

it was obvious to jeongwoo what junkyu was feeling but he didn't want to tell junkyu. he knew it would scare junkyu and plus, he didn't want mashiho to hurt junkyu.

"you probably like him a lot, that's about it, i guess." jeongwoo said.

"...i guess."

----------

mashiho was happy but it felt different. it felt different hanging out with haruto and mashiho was utterly confused as to who he preferred to be with.

would he prefer to be with his best friend for years or a guide who he felt so secure with despite meeting him only for a couple of days?

"where do you wanna go? oh! let's go somewhere quiet since you don't like crowded places anyways."

mashiho wanted to say that he was fine with going to a crowded place but refrained because he didn't know how he would feel when going to a crowded place with someone that was junkyu.

"what are you thinking about?" haruto asked looking at mashiho. he expected mashiho to be scared and anxious but was surprised to see him comfortable in a new place. it had also not gone under his notice that mashiho seemed to have warmed up too much to his guide and that caused an unpleasant feeling within haruto.

after walking for some time, the two of them walked into a quiet yet cozy restaurant.

"irraishaimase! (welcome)" said the guy at the restaurant.

they both sat at a table and a waiter came to take their order.

mashiho felt confident and before haruto could say anything or order for them, mashiho beat him to it.

"etto, miso ramen ga futatsu to gyoza ga hitosu onegaishimasu (umm, two miso ramen and one gyoza please.)"

"hai, shoshoomachikudasai (yes, please wait)" said the waitress.

haruto looked in shock.

"wow, mashiho. how do you do it?"

"i guess i gained some confidence."

"is it because of your guide?"

"i think so. i feel so comfortable around him and though we were off to a bad start, because of me, he was just so kind and nice to me. and he's good looking but that is not important right, but like, have you seen him sleep? he looks like a fluffy koala. hh sorry, i didn't realise i was ranting."

"hahaha, it's fine."

the dreamy look on mashiho's face was what haruto wanted to see but he wanted mashiho to have a dreamy look on his face when he was talking about him not junkyu and it hurt.

he was mashiho's friends for years and how is it that mashiho ends up liking a stranger he just met? what did junkyu have that mashiho didn't?

but haruto wasn't that evil guy in books who would try to force mashiho to like him. he loved mashiho for so long and wanted him to be nothing but happy so he would stay out of it.

he gave mashiho a sad smile as he finally realised it was time to let mashiho go.

-------

Late update once again but but 18th???!!! I am not ready

Keep reading, commenting and voting

Love,

<33