Chapter Four

"You guys were so good!" My mom gushes when I get in the car after the parade.

"Thanks." I say shutting the door and putting my seat belt on. My brain was clouded with thoughts of Jackson and how he looked at me. My brain wouldn't snap back into reality until we were home.

"So what's your schedule like for the rest of the week?" My mom asks.

"Uhm, Thursday there's a sectional and Friday and Saturday is pre-band camp" I tell her.

"Okay, can Catie give you a ride Thursday?"

"No, she's going camping tonight and won't be back until Friday." I say,

"Ugh" my mom groans, "Okay I guess I'll just have to take you."

"Sorry to be such an inconvenience." I mutter under my breath as I head upstairs.

I throw my phone on my bed without looking at it and get my things ready for a shower.

When I get out I check my phone, hopefully. Nothing. Literally, not even a Twitter notification.

I calm down and remind myself that there's no way he would text me anyways. I don't like him.

I plug my phone in and lay down falling right to sleep.

"What's wrong?" Jackson asks moving closer.

"N-nothing." I mutter trying to control my breathing.

"You're blushing." He smirks at me. "Here let me make it worse." He moves closer, cupping my face and tilting my chin up.

I wake up very startled. What the fuck was that? I check my phone really fast. One o'clock, no notifications.

I lay back and try to control my breathing. It was just someone else who looks like Jackson. I tell myself. Yeah, that's it. I open my eyes and stare at the ceiling.

I throw the blankets off and stand up. Okay time to get things done.

When I was done getting dressed and fixing my hair, I decided to get my trumpet out and practice. Of course we'll be playing at the sectional tomorrow.

I can't believe Catie won't be there. At least Fern will be there. We'll have fun.

About an hour later I decide to go downstairs and do the dishes. I plug in my phone and start singing music like Phantom of the Opera and Wicked. It's a good thing I was home alone because I get a little carried away.

Two hours of singing and dancing with the dishes, broom, and dust rag later, my mom walks in with Olivia not far behind. Olivia throws her coat on the floor and leaves her shoes in the middle of the kitchen.

Shocker.

I roll my eyes and go upstairs to read until dinner is ready. Twenty minutes of reading about Harry Potter later, I have to go back downstairs to eat.

After everyone has their mashed potatoes and ham on their plates I remind my mom about the sectional.

"One o'clock." I remind her.

"One o'clock." She repeats "got it."

Another boring meal later, I go back upstairs and continue reading until it's time to go to sleep.

I wake up with my book on my face and a strange feeling of not knowing where I am.

I jump up and look at the clock. 12:00! I have to be ready to leave by 12:30.

I hurry up and get dressed, brush my teeth, and my hair, grab my instrument and run down the stairs.

"It's about time." My mom huffs walking out the door.