Chapter Twenty-Three

"You look beautiful." He says moving my hair back.

I blush and look away, not quite able to handle the way he's looking at me.

"Look at me." He tips my chin up and stares into my eyes. My breathing gets harder as he leans in closer and closer. His lips touch mine and-

"Emily! We're going to breakfast soon, get up!" I jerk awake to my mom's voice. Ugh. I flop back down on my pillow and rub my eyes. I never get to finish my dreams.

I push back the covers and stand up to stretch. I grab my clothes and toothbrush before trudging up the stairs and into the bathroom. After washing m face, brushing my teeth, and getting dressed, I take my things back downstairs and throw my hair into a pony tail. I grab my phone, shove it in my pocket, and head back upstairs.

"How did you sleep?" My Aunt asks as we get into the car.

"Great!" My mind wanders back to the dream.

My mom and my Aunt start talking about some new diet idea while I daze off thinking about Jackson. How would it actually feel to have his fingers caress my face, and his lips touch mine. I feel my face getting red as I continue daydreaming about this mysterious guy.

I take out my phone and contemplate texting Jackson, but decide against it. I can't text at meal times anyways.

We get to the restaurant "Leo's Café" and get seated by one of my Aunt's friends. We always come here for breakfast at least once while visiting Aunt Natalie.

I order a water and blueberry pancakes then close my eyes. Jackson's hard features fill my brain. His dark hair and eyes, his smirky half-smile, and his soft, smooth lips.

"Are you tired honey?" Aunt Natalie asks, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah kind of." I shrug and take a drink to stall. Thankfully, the waitress comes with our food and saves me from saying something I'll regret.

The rest of our meal is uneventful. I listen to my mom talk with my Aunt about anything and everything, we pay, and then we leave.

I check my phone as soon as we get into the car and notice I have a text. My heart jumps when I see it's from Jackson, even though I already know what it says.

Hey

Hey, what's up?

Nothing. You

Just got done eating breakfast.

Cool.

Mhm.

I'm starting to think it's impossible to carry on an actual conversation with this guy. Not that I mind, because talking to him at all is amazing.

When we get home, I grab my book (a recent vampire novel) and go outside to lay on a lawn chair in the sun.

Soo Jackson texts.

So how'd you sleep?

Okay. You

Pretty good. Have any dreams?

Not that I remember. Did you?

Should I tell him or not? I toy with my options before giving in.