Chapter Fourteen

"Okay, how about we just calm down and clean the freaking bathrooms?" I say standing between Fern and Leah.

They both turn away from each other, glaring. Fern goes over to Catie and starts mumbling.

About ten minutes go by and we're almost done except for the floor. I walk outside to take the trash to the dumpster and stop when I see Jackson sitting on a golf cart outside of the boy's bathrooms.

I bite my lip and walk over to throw the trash away. I feel his eyes on me as I walk back to the bathrooms.

I almost walk into Catie when I get back to the door. "Sorry." I say "Why are we standing here?"

"We're just waiting for Molly to finish the floor so we have to move out of the way."

"Right." I say glancing over at all the boys coming out of the bathroom. "Hurry we can beat them!"

Everyone rushed to put the supplies away. It was pretty unfair the boys had a golf cart but I mean whatever.

We all start running up the hill except Leah who refuses to run. We reach the hill before the golf cart and laugh while catching our breath.

"We won!" I gloat as the golf cart pulls up.

"We weren't playing." Jackson says making my heart pound faster.

I roll my eyes and walk up the steps with everyone else to go enjoy the rest of free time.

When we all get in our beds to lay down we have about half an hour left of free time.

I grab my phone and text Jackson. We won.

"I have to go to a stupid drumline sectional early." Gertrude groans grabbing her cymbals.

"Have fun!" Catie mumbles with her head in her pillow.

We weren't playing. Jackson answers right away.

Gertrude walks out the door fake crying.

That's what they all say! lol

"Hey she left her phone!" Fern says grabbing the green iPhone on the windowsill. "And it's unlocked!"

She pulls up the camera and starts recording herself. "Gertrude, booty is life, especially Clay's booty. Suck my ass!"

"Wait," I sit up "we have to plan this out. Fern you say 'booty' and Catie can say 'is' and I'll say 'life.'"

Fern starts a new video and says "Booty" then Catie says "IIIIIIISSSSSSS LIIIIIIIIIFFEEEEEE" in a very high pitched voice while I laugh and join in on the "life." "Clay's booty is life!" Fern adds and ends the video.

We all laugh as Fern starts going through the music on Gertrude's phone. "In Summer" from frozen comes on and we all start singing.

"YAAASSS" Catie says dancing on her bed. Fern dances around the room while we all sing until the song randomly changes to "Butt Naked Nasty"

Fern pauses for about two seconds and continues to dance to the new song.

The songs go back and forth until we're on the ground laughing.

"Put on Ride!" I say between laughs.

"She doesn't have it on her phone!" Fern sounds disappointed.

"I'll play it." I put on "Ride" by SOMO.

"Positions." Fern laughs getting on the ground.

I laugh and move onto my legs and arms on my bed.