Chapter Twenty-Six

"He just said 'hey'? Just like that?" Catie asked suspiciously while lounging on my bed.

I called her over immediately, because this was a pretty serious situation! "That's what he said!" I shrugged, "well at first anyway."

"Okay so how exactly did he say it?" Catie was sitting up straight now.

"He said," I raise my phone up again, "'Would you want to go to homecoming with me?' And I said 'really?' And he said-"

"I know the rest I know the rest!" Catie lays back down again and reaches for the bag of Doritos between us. "Soo are you gonna go?"

"Yeah I think I'm gonna tell him just as friends, Patrick is a super sweet guy and there's no reason we can't just hang out you know?" I vaguely here Catie saying something as I form my response to Patrick.

I would love to go with you as friends! It should be a great time(: There. That seems nice enough.

His reply comes insanely fast, Thank you so much, Emily! I'll see you at the game tomorrow!!

I put my phone down on the nightstand and grab a couple Doritos for myself. "Okay so we're gonna watch the One Direction movie again?" I ask holding the case in my hands.

"Yes I love crying over and over again every time I come over here." Catie rolls her eyes, but she's smiling. "Put the damn movie in!"

"Okay okay!"

***
Friday morning I wake up with no blankets and a Catie burrito on my left, totally normal. I try to free some of the blanket from under her chin, but it's impossible.

"Whatever!" I mumble, admitting defeat. "I'll just go take a shower then!" I keep talking to myself as I get everything ready.

"BETTER THEN WORDS, MORE THAN A FEELING!!!"

"You scared the crap out of me!" I laugh/yell say Catie as she stands in the door of the bathroom singing. I clamp a hand over her mouth and she stops.

"I gotta take a shower." She pushes me out of the way, "Get out of my bathroom!" With that the door is closed.

"It's kinda my bathroom!" I yell through the closed door and shake my head. It's no use!

I go back into my room and sit on my bed scrolling through Facebook. Not three scrolls in and my finger hovers over a new picture of Jackson and Kyle.

'Getting ready for our last first game!' The caption reads.

"Not today Satan!" I put my phone down any start putting my hair into a tight ponytail on top of my head.

20 minutes later, Catie comes out of the bathroom looking refreshed. "How was your shower?" I ask, making room on the bed for her.

"It was very uneventful." She reports, towel drying her hair.

"Look at us in our matching shirts! So cute!" I exclaim, fake hugging her.

"I hate you." Catie deadpans.

***

5 hours later we're on our way to the school for another football game.

"Thanks mom!" I call jumping out of the car. Catie and I meet up with Fern and the three of us walk into the school together.

"Alright let's do this shit." Fern says opening her locker.

We go to get in line for our uniforms when Kyle comes up to us. "Hey can on of you go in the back hall and get the banners thanks so much!" He calls as he's walking by.