Chapter 6🍷 Back Home in Tokyo

It had been three hours since they've been on the road. It was a tad bit awkward for Todoroki since he was in the car with Midoriya while their daughter slept in the backseat. He checked in her a few times to make sure she was okay. Todoroki decided to break the silence since it was weighing him down like an elephant sitting on a plank. "You know", he starts, "you don't have to showboat that you have a child. It's....a little weird." Midoriya hums as if the topic wasn't very interesting and he was acknowledging the fact Todoroki said something.

     "I'm very proud of what we were able to create", he mumbles, "I'm also very proud of you. You endured so much over the years." Midoriya grows silent after he said that. Todoroki could feel his heart beating a little faster while he cheeks turned a little pink. He looks out the window in hopes of the greenette not seeing him blush. "Th-Thanks." Crap! Why'd I have to stutter?! Todoroki barely flinched when he felt a smooth leather on his bare thigh. He looks down to see that Midoriya had his hand on his leg with his gaze glued to the road.

     Should I move his hand? I mean it feels...kinda nice. Wait! I can't let him do this or else he's winning! But.....

     Todoroki peeks over at Midoriya. A small smirk was plastered onto his face as if he knew he was making Todoroki antsy. The shorter man glares at him but doesn't do anything except turn back to the window to watch the scenery pass him by.

🍷🍷🍷

     When the gate opens, Midoriya pulls into his driveway and parks the car. He looks over at Todoroki sleeping peacefully. It made his heart skip a beat with how angelic he looked, nobody could replace his beauty. Daringly, he leans over and kisses his neck. Todoroki groans softly at the feather-like sensation touching his skin. "Wake up Shouto. We're here." Todoroki slowly stirs awake. He first looks out of the window to see they were at a gorgeous modern house that he knew he couldn't possibly afford unless he was in another lifetime. He then turns his head to see Midoriya looming over him. His azure blue and storm grey eyes grow the size of saucers as he pushes the greenette back.

     "Why are you so damn close?!"

      "Hahaha! My bad my bad."

     "Yeah, sure!"

      "Mama, why are you shouting?" He turns around and looks at Naomi slowly raising up with a teddy bear tucked in her arms. Her green eyes stare at him worriedly as she glanced between him and Midoriya. "Nothing sweetheart. It's just that someone is getting a little too comfortable."

      "Com...fortawble?"

      "Don't mind him princess", Midoriya says, "mommy's just tired from the long drive. Ready to see your new home?" Naomi smiles and nods her head with vigor. She looks out of the car and gasps at the house. "Wow~! It's huge!" She swings her pink backpack onto her shoulder sand pulls the handle. She then pushes the door open and runs up to the house. Todoroki was quick to follow after her as she runs on the pathway. "Nao don't run! I don't want you to slip into the water!"

 "Nao don't run! I don't want you to slip into the water!"

     Todoroki also looks over the house in awe. He was actually surprised that the house wasn't some extravagant mansion. But he wasn't surprised that there seemed to be little to no privacy due to the windows. "I'm surprised yet not surprised at the same time by your choice of housing", Todoroki says when he feels Midoriya standing beside him. They both watched as Naomi looked through the door, running back and forth from each side of the house. "I figured you would. Don't worry about the lack of curtains, I've got people to surveillance the outside and inside."

     "I'm starting to rethink my decision."

     "Nooo dooonnnn't~!" Midoriya wraps his arms around Todoroki's slim waist. He swayed from side to side even though Todoroki demanded that he let go which made the taller laugh against his shoulder. Somehow this little bit of intimacy was nice and calming for Todoroki. It was as if he was missing this type of live in his life. But he continued to let his promise sink onto his chest, reminding him to not get so relaxed around Midoriya just yet. He takes Midoriya's hands and pulls them away carefully. He looks up at the man, "you may have been able to convince me to come back to Tokyo. But don't think you've won. Just follow the deal."

     Midoriya raises his gloved hands up in defense. "I ain't breaking any promises doll." Todoroki chose to ignore the pet name and walks further along the path. At the door Naomi was talking to a man with long shaggy blond hair and yellow eyes. He seemed to be a very happy-go-lucky type of man and seemed pretty fond of Naomi already. "Sweetheart, what have I said about talking to strangers", Todoroki asks softly.

     Naomi pokes her bottom lip out. "But he's nice!" Todoroki shakes his head and picks the little girl up. "Sorry if she's bothering you from anything important."

     "Oh not at all! In fact I'm supposed to be here for you guys. Boss' orders! My name is Denki Kaminari and I'll be your guys' bodyguard's for when Midoriya isn't around."

      "Oh", Todoroki mumbles, "that's sweet." He steps inside of the house, Midoriya following right behind him. He sets Naomi down on the floor and immediately she takes off. "Naomi!"

     "It's alright. Let her explore", Midoriya chuckles.

"I don't want her to go into some area she isn't supposed to be in", the dainty man sneers.

"I'll stay with her", Kaminari says. He jogs after the small child, leaving Todoroki to deal with Midoriya. Midoriya motions for Todoroki to follow and with some reluctance he does. His arms are crossed to show his uptight aura. His eyes danced left to right at his surroundings to familiarize himself with it. "So, does it feel weird being back in Tokyo?" The red and white haired man glances up at Midoriya. "A-a little. But I'll deal with it until I can get back on my feet."

      "You don't have to find a job. I'll take care of you both."

     "So what about when the deal is over and I decide to go back home to Osaka? I'm not the type of person to sit on my ass and let someone else take care of what I could be doing."

     "Understandable. But I said I'd get you two into a nicer apartment and pay for it. You can still get a job, I'm not stopping you after the deal." The two grow quiet once they hit the top floor. Todoroki walks over to a window to see Naomi in the large backyard doing cartwheels with Kaminari. He genuinely smiled at the scene. His daughter's smile made his heart swell. And at that it made him calm down. And it was a calm that assured Todoroki that they'll be okay here.

Six months, that's all. He peeks over at Midoriya who was smiling down at them too. "He's such a kid", he says. Todoroki couldn't help the giggle that slipped past his fairly plump lips. "Yeah. But it's adorable, Mai's already made a friend."

"Heh, yeah." Midoriya grabs Todoroki's hand that was by his side. The other male blushes and looks up at the freckled man's smile. "I promise. I'll do everything in my power to make you two feel safe and happy."

"D-Don't fail us then", Todoroki growls out softly in hopes of masking the stutter.

Midoriya smirks and raises his small and to kiss his knuckle. "I never fail at anything", he quipped.

"Mhm." Todoroki pursed his lips to suppress the giddy smile. He'd just see what the six months brought upon them.