Chapter 28🥀 Truth

Inko emerged from behind the double doors. She has a distasteful countenance on her the further she walks in. Izuku feels like he's disappointed his mother with that look. He did not like to disappoint, not even to his own flesh and blood. "This is ridiculous Gladys. I understand bringing my son into your troubles. But including his boyfriend and my grandchild into this situation is unacceptable. Your father would be heartbroken by your actions."

     Her words seem to hit Gladys hard as she sneers at the plump greenette. "I beg your pardon? You know nothing about what my father would have thought!"

       "I was his business partner for a gracious amount of time. I should know." Inko crosses her arms and narrows her green gaze. Gladys can sense how heavy this stare was. She hated it. It was making her feel small under Inko's high heels. "My father would not have wanted his business to be stolen from him! You took that away from our and added it to yours as soon as he fell ill! You knew how much money his diamonds were bringing in and you were being a greedy pig about it because he was making more than those lousy drugs of yours!"

       "Greedy pig", the older woman asked before snickering in amusement. "If anyone is being a greedy pig; it's you dear. I don't mean to brag, but my cartel was running smoothly." Inko calmly saunters towards the couch and sits down. She looks over at her ashamed son and smiles sweetly. She pats the empty space beside her. "Sit, son." Izuku sighs and sits next to her. He felt like the scared little kid he used to be. Back when his father left because he was afraid of how truly powerful Inko was.

      "Your father knew that he was sick with lung cancer", Inko begins. "Way before it was announced to every underground family in the world. It was not worse back then, but he could not rest to get proper medical treatment because he could not trust his own people with what he worked hard for. Your father could not turn to anyone else close to him by blood. So he came to me."

      "You are lying", Gladys sneers. She turns her back to them to stare out of the window. She gnawed at her manicured nails in anger. "You're lying."

       "He informed me that once the cancer got worse, I take the diamond carte immediately."

       "No! That is a lie! You took it! You STOLE what was rightfully ours! WHAT WAS MINE! He taught me everything I needed to know about the business! The ends and the outs of it all! But your took that away from me! You are a traitor!"

It was news to Izuku as well. But what he heard as a child from the workers in the estate were always opposite to what he saw whenever he was with Inko. Every family she works with trusts her and she has never betrayed them to this day. Inko is known to build strong alliances, some even calling her "the diplomat". "Just like you are now", Inko says, "you were a brat in your teenage years. How could Elijah trust you? He knew he couldn't, and he was right with his decision."

Gladys had enough with the telltale stories. She screams, tears steaming down her face as she knocks things off of her desk. "No! Th-that c-c-can't be! I-it isn't!" Gladys sinks to the floor behind her desk. Inko and Izuku could hear he crying. Neither of them could feel sympathy for her. Not after all of her childish actions just to get something that she wants. Izuku stands up, making Inko look up at him in shock. "I'm sorry that you had to be dragged into this."

"No worries. I'll do anything for my own flesh and blood. Now let's go get your daughter and find Shouto." She stands up, prepared to leave when the sounds of screaming is heard from the lower floor. The two rush towards the open doors when a gunshot whizz past their ear. Izuku stands in front of Inko. He is face to face with a pissed off woman holding a silver pistol. "No one is leaving out of this goddamn house!!!"

      "See? What did I say? A brat."

      "Mom. Not helping."

       "I am helping." Izuku nudges Inko forward and takes her hand to pull her along. More gunshots are heard coming from Gladys' office followed by a loud cry.

Tamaki runs down the hallway with Naomi in his arms. The mansion was being attacked. It all happened so fast. He didn't even know who was attacking them. Hitoshi ordered him to take Naomi while he went to Gladys to aid her. "Tama-nii? Where are we going?"

       "S-somewhere safe. Don't worry."

       "Are going to see mama?" Her excitement breaking Tamaki's heart.

       "No. Not right now at least." He hears the little girl whimper again

       "When can I see him? And what about daddy?"

       "We'll find him too." Tamaki opens the door to his bedroom and steps inside. He sets Naomi and peeks out to make sure no one had followed him. "Tama-nii. I'm scared."

       "It's okay. Everything will be fine."

       "But it's too loud downstairs. I'm scared!" Naomi starts to wail. Her hands balled into fists as she tries to rub the tears away. Tamaki panics instantly as tries to comfort the redhead. "No no no don't cry please! I-I um...hey? Do you want me to read to you?"

       Naomi stomps her feet and shakes her head. Red curls bouncing back and forward as she now throws a tantrum. "No! I want my mommy! I want my mommy now!!!"

       "I know. But we can't get to him right now."

       "WHY NOOOOOTTTTTTT?!"

       Ahhh what do I do!? She's crying and I can't calm her down!

       Naomi falls to the floor and kicks her arms and feet out. She rolls towards his door and starts to kick it. "No don't kick the door please!" Tamaki stumbles towards her tries to pull her away. Suddenly he feels small teeth bite down on his hand. He yelps and moves away from her. Allowing the little child to continue her tantrum. I can't keep letting her throw a tantrum. But it's so hard to get her to stay under control! Someone please help me!

       "Where did Katsuki go", Shouto asked when Mina stepped back into the room.

       "I don't know. He just stormed out all mad n' shit."

       "Um." Everyone turns their attention to Nejire. Her phone is held close to her chest and she looks so unsure about something. "Nejire? What's the matter?"

       "I shouldn't get you involved though", he murmurs.

       "Hey. If you know something just spit it out", Mina declares. Her light hazel eyes burning into the periwinkle blue haired bodyguard.

      "He...". She sighs in defeat. "Izuku told me the location he was at. He found Naomi so Bakugou went to help him."

"Naomi", Shouto whispers. "Izuku found her? How long ago?"

"Ever since I took you to the hospital. He called Gladys and she told him right then and there."

"Take me to them."

All three women look at Shouto in disbelief. But he was serious. He needed to get to his child and lover as soon as he could.

After finishing the chapter I felt like the ending started to get a little too sloppy. But I don't want to remove it either because it like...somehow fits. So I hope this made sense to everyone🤣