Chapter 26🥀 Sick Vengeance

Izuku slams the car door and makes his way up the stairs. Hitoshi is standing at the top with his hands behind his back and a stoic expression. "Where the hell is Naomi?"

      "This way", Hitoshi answers calmly. He opens the door and leads Izuku inside. The greenette walks a little faster than Hitoshi. Izuku's heart beating in his ears. But as he frantically looks around the living area, he hears a familiar giggle and the sound of small feet running towards him. "Daddy!"

     Seeing Naomi fine and still her normal self made Izuku let out a breath he was clueless about holding. Izuku sinks to his knees and catches the redhead in his arms. He hugs her tight. "Are you hurt?"

      She shakes her head even as Izuku proceeds to check over her. He examines her arms and legs in case there were any wounds. But there was nothing. And he dress wasn't torn as a sign of struggling. "Nope! I'm fine."

      Once it was confirmed, Izuku hugs her again. "Thank god you're alright", he whispers. They pull away for a moment. Naomi still holds a smile on her freckled face. "Yep! I've been having a lot of fun! Miss Gladys baked cookies with me and Tama-nii."

      "Oh really", Izuku asks. His hand cups the little girl's cheeks and rubs his thumbs over her cheekbones. Izuku was relieved that their daughter wasn't harmed. "Princess, what did we say about talking or going anywhere with strangers?"

"But Mr. Shinsou said that Mama wanted me to be here and he'd come to get me."

Izuku picks the little girl up. "You shouldn't trust everything a stranger says. Even if they say they're a friend of mine or mommy's. 'Kay?"

Naomi lowers her gaze down and nods her head. It pained Izuku to see her sad. He quickly comforts her, "I'm not mad at you. I was just really worried about you. And Shouchan is too."

"I'm sorry", Naomi whimpers.

"It's okay."

"And where do you think you're going in such a hurry~?"

Izuku turns to the smirking blonde sauntering down the stairs. She walks over to them. "What did I tell you on the phone? I won't let you off the hook once you step foot inside my home. And you're in my domain, so stay put. We have some things to discuss." Gladys turns to the child with a smile. Even though she seemed like a kind woman to the young eyes of a curious child. Izuku knew better than to believe that her actions were meaningful. "Naomi, dear? Can you help Tamaki clean the kitchen and then stay with him for the remainder of the day?"

       "But daddy just got here", Naomi says softly. "And he says I shouldn't talk to strangers."

       "Ooh, but I'm no stranger. I've been very kind to you. Haven't I?"

       Naomi doesn't say anything. She only adjusts her arms around the man's neck and leans her head on his shoulders. "Naomi, stay in here and wait for me to return", Izuku says as he sets her down. "We'll go see Shouto soon after."

      Naomi nods her head and makes her way to the sofa where some dolls and stuffed animals laid. Dismissing Gladys' request to go into the kitchen to help Tamaki. Gladys glares at Izuku, but he pays her silent threat no attention. "What are you stalling for? What do you have to say?"

Gladys chuckles lightly and turns around. "Follow me." She leads the mafia boss up the stairs and down the right hall until they made it to her study. He took in the surroundings. The walls painted crystal blue and the perimeter trimmed with black designs. The furniture was white, green, and black with dark brown bookshelves. A large floor to ceiling window stood behind her desk. Gladys makes her way over to the mahogany desk and takes a seat. "Ah, this is nice. I usually come by your place and we would be in your nice, spacious office." She turns to face the glaring man. "And now it seems that the tables have turned. Do you like it?"